Visited the Inter Continental Resort for a couple of days recently with my better half. The best part of the resort which struck us the most was the protruded beach deck area in the southern tip of the resort. We spent most of our time there sitting in the loungers for a long time and watching the endless waves and the small boats go by. It was as if the time just stood still there.
A perfect place for unwinding and just relaxing. There was an option for a glass bottom boat ride too there which was basically an extension of snorkeling. The hotel has some of its experts stationed there and you could avail it. One caveat though, most of the corals in the area around the resort were degenerated and dead; hence you may not get to see it all.
Our journey booked by the Mauritiusmania.com took every little detail into account and ensured a hassle free trip of 7 days and 6 nights. The rates were cheap & 120$ spa vouchers provided free by travel agent .As we arrived we saw that the hotel to organized assorted activities everyday to keep their guests engaged. They had theme night parties organized in their main restaurant and bar – Senso. People were expected to dress up and the resto would serve themed dinners. It was an interesting experience and quite different from what we generally experience in our daily mundane life!!
The breakfast buffet too had a wide spread and we were completely filled by it. Other eateries in the area were Segala, the Indian specialty one - Veda and the Noble House for Chinese cuisine. All served drinks too and had an enjoyable ambience. The heated swimming pool near the boat house is a must visit place too. The Spa was above our expectations and is worth a check too.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.