My wife and I stayed here 7 nights on a vacation. I am a Priority Club Platinum member and was recognized as such. Ive stayed in InterContinental hotels in the US.
Staff is very friendly
English is understood and spoken well by staff
FOOD FOOD FOOD!! The Veda restaurant is the best Indian food Ive ever had anywhere, the buffets were great as well.
Our room was large and very clean with a great view of the ocean.
The bed was very comfortable
It was low season so getting beach chairs was quite easy
The resort activities (kayaking ect) were fun
The reception for priority club members was nice
The somewhat good:
Drinks were ok, not very strong, very pricey, but expected at a resort
Prices in general were fairly high for food
I was not made aware that breakfast was complimentary (Maybe because of my status?) A decent surprise upon checkout
The no so good:
I was having problems with the code given for the in room internet and it took 3 days and 2 visits to the guest relations desk to get it resolved. I was given a generic code to use for the rest of the say.
The internet was not as fast as I would expect, but it was manageable.
It would have been nice if the irons had steam capability
The maids leave the door open while they are servicing the rooms (which makes sense), but on the 2nd day after our room was serviced we found a lizard on our ceiling. We did not call the staff to have it removed as im sure it would have taken a lot of effort and the lizard did not bother us the rest of the stay..it just stayed behind the curtains and came out time to time :)
Make sure to bring slippers to wear on the beach as it is full of rocks.
We werent too impressed with the Asian restaurant.
Flies!! and cats..but mainly flies. I cant remember a meal (especially breakfast) where most people werent constantly bothered by flies. It became really annoying. All i can suggest is that in the buffet area the closer you are to the stairs the better. The same cats would frequent the dining area, the staff tried to remove them, but they would always come back.
Overall a nice hotel that I would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava