We stayed here for three nights recently. The property is nicely located but you can see only a small piece of sea from quite a few rooms due to trees, plants and the angle at which rooms are positioned vs. the sea. So, you should be extra careful in demanding / selecting a room. You get a better view from the rooms on the first / second floor.
Heated pool is a boon but it takes time before you can get hot water in the room and you need to keep the tap open for at least 10-15 minutes especially in the evening! Something can possibly be done by the management to reduce the wastage of water.
The restaurant offers a good breakfast spread and service is friendly if a tad on the slower side but who is in a hurry here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava