“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Doncaster
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 2 weeks and loved every minute we spent there. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and were given the 5 star treatment throughout our holiday. The staff and hotel management were all very friendly, helpful and could not do enough for us, they really made our time spent here very special. The food was excellent and always plenty of choice. The rooms were spacious and cleaned to a very high standard. Our 9 year old spent time at the kids club and loved it and our 13 year old was happy as she could get wifi in the lobby and around the pool area. The beach was stunning with plenty of comfy sunbeds and hammocks to relax on. An amazing holiday in a beautiful resort, cannot wait to return to this amazing hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear GlendaMDoncaster,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule (especially with 2 kids!) to share your experience with us.
I am thrilled to read that the whole family had a wonderful time thanks to our beautiful facilities but most importantly the friendliness and genuine caring attitude of our people!

We look forward to welcoming you again in your home away from home!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Forget the superb restaurants, forget the fantastic food, forget the incredibly good facilities, forget the amazingly well appointed rooms and extremely comfortable bed.

What then?

I had the misfortune of having to have an emergency operation just part way into the holiday.

All the staff from the General Manager to the, for example, gardeners were kindness itself. My wife was given all assistance possible, fruit was sent to me in hospital, and when I returned, a large bunch of exotic flowers were given to me. Staff continually asked about my welfare and I was treated with joy upon my return.

We must return to start our holiday afresh and experience again the pleasure of staying at a hotel in which hospitality should be spelled with a capital 'H'.

All that with the FIFA organisation looming.

Dear MortonJ296,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Unfortunately it was not the relaxing holidays you were both so much looking forward to.
I am glad you still managed to go to Reunion Island for the 2nd part of the trip.
You will have to come back to your home away from home.

We wish you Good Health and Happiness.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great hotel. Excellent Buffett, specially for non vegetarians. Don't know about the lunch as that used be outside while sight seeing but breakfast and dinner spreads are awesome. Was little disappointed with the À la carte as the portions were small. But one thing I loved about place was the ramp off the beach.. Its quite peaceful (the ramp), specially in the night when the sea is silent. You just want to stand there and hear the sea. Its an amazing feeling. I wish I could stay in Mauritius forevaaaa!!

• Stayed July 2012
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Therese C,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us.
I am thrilled to read that we created a Unique, Authentic, Enriching and Memorable experience for both of you.
We had been in touch prior to your arrival to organize a few little "specials" and I am delighted to find out that it did go above and beyond your expectations.

I am very proud of our team and I will make sure both Cedric and Jay get personally recognized for their fantastic coming from the Heart attitude.

Congratulations for getting engaged whilst staying in Mauritius.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your wedding or Honeymoon!!!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Dear Mr Arnaud,
From the bottom of our hearts myself and my partner would like to Thank you for everything you did for us during our stay,
All the Staff & Team at Intercontinental Mauritius made our holiday the most amazing experience for us and created memories that we will keep with us forever.

From the moment we arrived at your beautiful hotel we were absolutely amazed with the beauty of not only the hotel, the scenery but also the genuineness from all the staff we encountered.
Mr Cedric was the first to greet us and I can honestly say I have never met such an amazing staff member at any hotel we have ever stayed at, we were almost in tears of happiness when he was showing us around the ‘Presidential Suite’..
From the moment we walked into the suite we were overwhelmed with how perfect every little detail of the room was. My partner was particularly chuffed with the welcome note on our tv’s.
After showing us the entry/lounge downstairs we proceeded upstairs to the Bedroom where we were greeted with two beautiful swans on the bed with flower petals. Breathtaking.
Mr Cedric then proceeded to show us the balcony which overlooked the bay and hotel grounds, then the bathroom with the awesome bath, we couldn’t believe how beautiful this room was, we felt like royalty!,
When we said we couldn’t believe the room was ours to stay in he replied “you haven’t seen anything yet”, and he was absolutely right we hadn’t seen anything yet!
He then proceeded to show us the balcony number 3! Which included our own private terrace complete with our own outdoor Jacuzzi!. We couldn’t wait to relax in it.
Mr Cedric was an outstanding staff member and He was always there for us whenever we needed information or had a question to ask, he helped us with absolute professionalism and courtesy, and definitely one of the reasons we will be coming back.

How can I forget Mr Jay, Mr Jay was absolutely amazing and gave us that 5* experience we were hoping for.
From the moment we saw the swans on our bed we knew we were going to have an outstanding holiday staying at your hotel.
Every afternoon from leaving the hotel we were greeted back to where we felt at home not only with an immaculately clean room but also with a beautiful creative romantic bed layout, Night 1#- Swans, Night 2# Elephants, Night 3# Rabbits, and on the last night we were greeted with the most romantic bed layout yet, a beautiful love heart shaped flower arrangement and a lovely little note Mr. Jay wrote us. Hopefully upon our return Mr Jay will be looking after us again.

Mr Esnault you have a very dedicated team who all helped us out during our stay,
From Mr Cedric to Mr Jay, the staff at the concierge desk, all the staff who greeted us in the hallways, all the staff at the restaurants, the boatshed staff who took us on a awesome glass bottom boat ride, the waiters who kept our drinks flowing while we were relaxing on the beach or in the pools, we will definitely be coming back.
You all made us feel at home and made our 8Year anniversary holiday one we will remember always.
A thousand Thankyou’s!(Also we got engaged during out stay, my partner proposed on the beach next to segala :) most romantic beach proposal :) ) so we will remember your hotel forever.

We look forward to saving for our next holiday and staying at your hotel.

Dear Therese C,

First of all I would like to apologize for the delay in replying to your feedback.
Indeed I replied a week back but for some reasons it did not get uploaded on Trip Advisor. Strange things happen sometimes with Internet!!!

Anyway I would like on behalf of the whole team in Mauritius to thank you for your wonderful comments. We are delighted to find out that you had a wonderful time with us thanks to the friendliness of our people and most specifically Cedric and Jay.

We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just spent a week in pure paradise, . The hotel has the wow factor, and the staff are out of this world!! really felt special, food was amazing something for everyone. Rooms are luxury and fully cleaned everyday.As I'm disabled they gave us a two roomed suite on the ground floor, so I had easy access to the decking and pool area in a wheelchair. The staff were particularly helpful to me and frequently made sure everything was OK, and if I wanted anything. Mr Arnaud Esnault, the manager went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable, and I can honestly say, I couldn't have been treated better if I had been the Governor of Mauritius.
The one negative point, I was surprised the Hotel has no elevators to access the rooms or foyer, OK if you're young and fit, good exercise. So of benefit to help lose the weight you put on overindulging.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear John A,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
It was a true pleasure meeting you and Gilles.
I am delighted to read that you had such a memorable moment in Mauritius thanks to the friendliness and attentiveness of all our colleagues.

We all look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a week in pure paridise, all inclusive loved it. The hotel has the wow factor, and the staff are out of this world!! really felt special, food was amazing something for everyone. Rooms are luxury and fully cleaned everyday. Bar service is first class Steeven yes with two e's was totally amazing looked after us everyday. The staff really make you feel special, they are really genuine caring people. We go away very regularly and usually I have something bad to add to my review. But this is the first time I can't think of anything bad! Big thanks to Shane for looking after us to!! #seeyouallnextyear

• Stayed May 2013
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear steve1south,

A Big thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.
I am delighted to read that our people made the difference and especially Steeven from our Bar team and Shane, our Director of Sales and Marketing!

We all look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed in this place from 14-May-2013 till 20-May-2013 during my honeymoon in Mauritius. Overall, the hotel experience was very good. The staff are friendly, and the hotel itself has a vast beach with activities for all ages. The room was comfortable and the food options are decent. While they have 4 restaurants inside. the restaurant named Senso offers buffet spread for breakfast and dinner. They usually have some events planned out with dinner, which makes it livelier.

I really expected the hotel to offer a free internet service in the room, for the price paid by us, but unfortunately this was not the case. Also, if you are booking rooms with terrace jacuzzi, please note that these kind of rooms typically dont have a great view of the sea. So, you might want to decide first on what is more important for you- An ocean view or the Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Not all ocean facing rooms with terrace jacuzzi, actually have the ocean view. There are lot of tree...