The resort is in the northern part of the island. After Checking in, I saw a very large lobby, good view of the sea which made me feel that I have arrived at a very nice place to stay. Now the finer observations:
1) Check in process was much delayed and one of my colleagues passport was misplaced. So never give your passport to the hotel staff when you check in. They may return the same to a wrong person.
2) Room is large and well built, TV has fewer channels- which may be okay for people who wan to just unwind. The remote control was not working from the bed so you really have to rise, go to the TV and change the channel.
3) The Breakfast is good.
4) the hotel is actually far away from the real action in Mauritius. We had to drive 15 km to go to grand bay to see really beautiful beach and boating.
5) Check out was delayed too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava