We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights. My observations are as below:
Rooms-The rooms are superb. We took an ocean view double room, and the sofa bed was ideal for our 10 year old son. The room is spacious and very well made and modern.However, the tv remote seems to function only when you stand near the tv. Can't change channels otherwise! Another thing is that they didn't provide multi-pin adapters for gadgets that don't fit into their electric sockets, despite requests.
Swimming- There is a heated swimming pool apart from the regular one, which is nice, since it was quite cool there. Moreover, the pools are not very deep, and so you can leave your kids in them without worrying.
Dining- The food is pretty good in the buffet with some eggless and veg varieties for us veggies. I had read reviews earlier of sparrows hopping around during breakfast, which was true, but not irritating at all. However, the Veda restaurant was a disappointment. Also all the chairs in both the Veda restaurant and the Senso buffet had stains on their fabric. They desperately need changing. The Segala restaurant was quite good and clean.
Service- Prompt and courteous, though we didn't get that multi pin adapter!
Beach- Very nice and scenic. The boat house is good and Jean there is very friendly, strumming up tunes on his guitar.
Overall a very nice stay. Would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava