“Paradise! Very memorable holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Balaclava
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise! Very memorable holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The service was excellent- staff were friendly and helpful. We found the rooms were a great size. The facilities were fantastic. We loved the diversity and quality of food. Our kids enjoyed the kids club. BEAUTIFUL outlook. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience and would go back there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Get0ut0fthecity,

It was such a delight to read your comments this morning! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am glad that the whole family enjoyed their holiday in Mauritius thanks to our lovely staff, great facilities and the quality of food.

I take you up on your words: we look forward to welcoming you all again soon!

Best regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to any honeymooners from the West. Everyone was so completely friendly, warm and kind to myself and my husband during our 10 night stay in September 2012.

I can not speak highly enough of the service we received, my husband thought more so than me.

Transfers- the transfers which were booked as part of our package ran smoothly, we were shown our private car and quickly transferred to our hotel.

Arrival- we had an extremely long journey and were really very tired, and we were welcomed on our first day by all staff and we were breath taken by the views over the balcony while we had a short wait for check in. We were then led to our room on a buggy- which is all I needed for my tired swollen feet.

Room- the rooms are cleaned twice a day, and they were always cleaned to a very high standard. Cleaning staff were also very friendly when we walked past.

First and foremost: I would like to say SUNNY SINGH from the Fitness centre was extremely kind enough to help us on his day off, where we had rented a car, and drove us around Mauritius and take us to some of the places we had on our itinerary. He was also helping my husband work out at the gym on the other days. We can not thank Sunny enough for what he did for us and how much he looked after us. I would recommend some sort of reward system, which I am sure you probably have in place already, for such staff members, that go out of their way to make travellers experience a unforgettable honeymoon.

Food- we LOVED Segala- See food and Mauritian cuisine, we almost ate there every day, sometimes even -3x a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)! We even mention Segala until now (a WHOLE month and a bit after we have arrived back). We had our honeymoon dinner on the beach here, and the service is almost impeccable and can not find fault with the amount of attention we were given. Thank you to: Patrick, Keseven and their manager *who's name I have now forgotten* who made this a truly unforgettable experience! Thanks

Senso:-

BREAKFAST, good if you are in a hurry (off out), but it is huge and they often forgot to bring out drinks and had to ask several times- so we tried to avoid this place, but sometimes it was unavoidable when we were out in a hurry to go on excursions etc. Nonetheless, the food was just okay.

LUNCH: They are not open for lunch I don't think and if they are we never went.

DINNER: Indian buffet, again just okay a bit busy and hot and just a mix of loads of random food.. not my cup of tea.

VEDA: We went here once for dinner and were not impressed at all, went straight back to Segala.

NOBLE HOUSE: We went here for dinner twice, the food was okay, but the service a tad poor, so we decided to stick to Segala again! The decor is nice though!

PALMS:- I really liked this, was quick and easy loved the Dolphin mocktail..

BEACH- the sea was a bit cold for me at this time of the year and also a bit rough

Excursions- I would recommend using outside operators, much cheaper and offer the same thing

Car rental- Again, I would recommend using outside operators, much cheaper-
Taxi's- You might as well hire a car, as taxi fair to Port Louis was an absolute rip off!

Ask the staff for these things, they are more then willing to help or point in the right direction.

I would recommend going ALL INCLUSIVE as otherwise the hotel is expensive..

Entertainment- was okay, was always the same girls, so made it a bit boring. The musicians or mainly the singers in the lobby are awful! (SORRY)

Port Louis which is near by is a bit better for a night out.

We stayed between: 10th-20th September 2012.

p.s- make sure you go swimming with the dolphins, it is so much fun!!!

Summary: overall great stay.. loved it

Room Tip: We stayed near Noble house and it was nice, quiet and peaceful We had a room with a separate Jacu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CatTw3p,

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive feedback regarding your honeymoon in our Resort. It was a delight to have you with us for this very special and unique occasion.
I am glad to read that our staff made it special for you especially Sunny, our Gym Instructor who went out of his way and the Segala team!
It looks like you became regular guests of Segala during your stay and I will make sure to share your very positive comments with the team there.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the constructive feedback on the areas that we can improve to make it even better.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again so that we can show you the improvements made!

Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed at the Interconn for 6 nights during the month of November last year. First of all the beach location is great, but there is no beach, or with full of sharp rocks, makes it impossible to go for a swim. The Hotel facilities like the pool, spa , gym is great. The rooms are fantastic, esepcially the ones where you can step out on to the open. The service of the staff has to improve, and was not up to the interconn standard. I had some issues during check out, where they want to you to pack and leave immediately, giving not enough time. The distance from the main lobby to some of the rooms is a long walk, which is not too bad becuase it allows you to have that long walk. The biggest issue the hotel should tackle is the mosquitos. they are all over the place after sunset, and you relaly cant sit out peacefully. The night club is a little lame, which can be improved. I saw people going and leaving the club immediately. Overall

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby, groundfloor has balcony door facing the beach
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Taalib,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I have read carefully your comments and shared them with our team members so that we can improve thanks to your constructive feedback.
Our hotel offers 600 m of beach with 2 separate lagoons where one can swim in a shallow and safe environment. Our beach is man made and maintained on a daily basis by our Gardeners.
I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities during your stay.
I have the pleasure to inform you that since you came last year we have increased the frequency of our mosquitoes treatment (fogging).

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Mauritius.

Best regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

7 families (23 people in total) set off late September to Intercontinental to celebrate our wedding at the hotel. WOW! What an exceptional holiday. We were all treated like royalty. We received excellent service, amazing accomodation and a fantastic all round holiday.
We received tons of quotes before hand and eventually made the choice of the Intercontinental. We went on "all inclusive" which is best for a group. We had a range of children ages 5 to 17 and all equally enjoyed the time we were there. As for the actual wedding: The setting at the Intercontinental is beautiful, its a seperate island which they set up for your special day. We were given around 10 staff members just for the 23 of us, had our own bar, buffet etc. We received our wedding photo album before we left with a disc with photos on too (all organised by the hotel). My hubby and I were upgraded to the presidential suite by the hotel for the remainder of our stay (5 nights) at no extra cost as a "gift" from the hotel. The pools are lovely, restaurants were great and out of all 23 guests not one complaint. Thank you to African Shores for our booking, Solies for transfers and Catamaran, Leonard and Marie and all Intercontinental staff for the fantastic unforgetable best wedding and holiday ever!

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room in the 1500's which was right on the beach and great if you have kids...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Charlene C,

What a pleasure to read your comments regarding your wedding in our Resort. We thank you for choosing us for this Unique moment of your life. We are delighted that all of you had a memorable experience thanks to the friendliness and attentiveness of our people.
I have passed on your comments to all our people and more specifically Leonard and Marie.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you for your 1st wedding anniversary!!!

George, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent a week here on our honeymoon in March 2012. The hotel has a nice variety of restaurants which serves tasty local and international dishes. This prevents you from getting bored with the same food every day. The room had a great view of the beach and sea, was clean. Will definitely return for our ten year anniversary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arnaud E, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Resort Mauritius, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Renier P,

I would like first and foremost to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am extremely pleased to read that you had a wonderful Honeymoon with us thanks to the variety of food offered by our 4 restaurants, the quality and cleanliness of our rooms along with the view.

We also look forward to welcoming you for your 10th Anniversary!

Rustenburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

excellent staff service / great kids club (my daughter was so comfortable with the ladies there , different restuarants to choose from for meals ........... will definitely go back there.
was really taken back to see the manager Arnadut coming all the guests if they ok and walking around breakfast time, didnt see this at other resorts while on vacation.

Room Tip: couldnt see the ocean nicely from the balcony, so would recommend a groundfloor room instead, easier...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear mchothia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am proud of our team members as they made the difference by offering a Unique, Authentic and Enriching experience in all areas and especially in the Kids Club.
It was a real pleasure to meet you and discuss with you during your stay!

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Dear Managers,

I would like to express my sincere compliment to the resort management during my stay as in honeymooners in the resort really made both of us impressed with the great and fantastic service from the very attentive employee that the resort have. My wife and me was quite surprise with the room set up and the fantastic view, again we would like to thank you to all of your team and the resort management for the great service and keep up the good work and cleanliness of the resort and we will look forward for another stay with Intercontinental Mauritus Balaclava ahead

Thank you.

Mohammad Azli Ahmad & Nurazwani Abdul Ghani

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Mr AzliAhmad,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us for this very Unique and Special trip, i.e. your Honeymoon.
We are delighted to read that you had a fabulous experience with us thanks to the friendliness and attentiveness of our people. We are very proud of them and I have already share your comments with them.

We also look forward to welcoming you again soon in Mauritius!

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Resort Mauritius? Share your experiences!