We stayed at the Westin for two weeks from 6th to 20th December. We have been to many hotels on all different sides of the Island and can honestly say the Westin, has the most beautiful and well groomed gardens. The set up of the hotel has been well thought out.
We requested a room near to the main pool and gym, we stayed in room 410 on the first floor. The rooms are large and well appointed. I haver never slept so well on holiday, the beds are really heavenly. We had a Lovley view over the gardens, swimming pool to the sea,(except when a huge marquee was set up, more about that later)
We spent most days on the beach, between the swimming pool and sea, so to have both options to swim in. After a long day in the sun, we would use the gym and spa facilities, which are adequate.
We ate at all four restaurants and never had a bad meal. The food is fresh and well prepared, from breakfast, to lunch to dinner. We were on and all inclusive basis and feel this is the best option, as the Hotel is not near to any shops, and drinks are expensive.
The staff is what sets this resort far above many we have been to. From the concierges, to reception, cleaners, gardeners all the way to management, made you feel welcome, and no request was not promptly taken care of, even requesting extra bathrooms towels or a new TV remote was sorted out in no longer than ten minutes. I asked for early room make up and early evening turn down, this was done quite happily, by the staff.
Eddie and his staff at the main pool are a delight, nothing is too much, from brining your drinks, to moving your umbrella or bed chair. Thank you for making our stay, that much better.
Laura from the beach Restaurants, thank you for your smile and excellent service, even remembering our favourite Rose.
My one gripe, is the erection of a huge marquee, over the seating of the main pool. This made that section out of bounds from the Thursday until we left on the Saterday for a private function. I don't feel it's fair to paying guests of the Hotel.
Would we return, without a doubt.
All in all a great two weeks, thanks to the Westin and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embraced by the gently swaying sugar cane fields and the warm turquoise water of the Indian Ocean, The Westin Mauritius Turtle Bay Resort & Spa invites you to experience the magic of Mauritian hospitality in a truly luxurious setting. The resort boasts 190 guest rooms and suites, all of them offering stunning views over the ocean, a kids club, luxury Mandara spa and a fine selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mauritian Resort And Spa
- The Grand Mauritian Hotel Balaclava
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius Balaclava