This was my initial trip to Mauritius and I came here from India. I was on a
vacation for around 4 days and I booked a complete package in the Grand Mauritian
Resort & Spa through Mauritiusmania.com.
I got a nice discounted deal and it was awise decision as the tariff for the hotel in general is quite high. The first thing which will strike you about the hotel is the lightly snaking roads which lead to the resort. Moreover you are surrounded by a host of sugarcane fields and the luxurious waters of the Indian Ocean embrace you almost from the doorsteps of the reception area.
The boutique hotel is spread over a large area and has some exquisite gardens. The check in process was smooth and the room key card system was followed here. The room was quite large and extremely stylish in design. Modern amenities and an ocean view were available. The balcony was equipped with patio table, chairs and sofa.
The luxury double bed was extravagant for a single person. The HD Box in the LCD TV
came with quite a few channels. The hotel keeps a strict eye on the hotel housekeeping guys and it is done daily with the towel and bed sheets being replenished daily. Dining in the in-house restaurant was a delectable affair with amazing buffet on offer and ala-carte being also offered by the waiters. Even the breakfast buffet which as complimentary had a wide array of choices. ‘Reflection’, the pool side restaurant had a lovely open kitchen and the chef asked for our meat/veg choices which was magically transformed into a platter and
served within minutes.
The travel desk at the hotel offered other facilities like Boat house, diving and Kids Club. Recommended!!
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mauritian Resort And Spa
- The Grand Mauritian Hotel Balaclava
- The Grand Mauritian Hotel
- The Grand Mauritian Resort
- The Grand Mauritian Resort & Spa Mauritius/Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embraced by the gently swaying sugar cane fields and the warm turquoise water of the Indian Ocean, The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, invites you to experience the magic of Mauritian hospitality in a truly luxurious setting. The resort boasts 193 guest rooms and suites, all of them offering stunning views over the ocean, a kids club, luxury Mandara spa and a fine selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Grand Mauritian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.