We flew out on Friday 14th hoping for a quiet, relaxing break - with warm sunshine, good food - and a little alcohol! We flew back yesterday content in the knowledge that we got exactly that - and more!
Hard to add to the earlier reviews however having read one that is less than complimentary my advice would be to ignore that one and read the others!
We were given such a warm welcome when we arrived bleary eyed - a very personal check in over a cocktail.
Staff were superb, always friendly and polite but never over the top. Their kindness and attention to detail seemed genuine rather than forced and fake. As others have said the managers were very visible and took time to talk to everyone. Sadly I can't recall all their names but Damien and Michael in the bar deserve a special mention.
Food in all restaurants was amazing - full of flavour and just the right quantities. Beautifully cooked and returned inspired. Service in the restaurants always excellent.
Our room was gorgeous and spacious as well as clean - which applied to all of the hotel. It certainly lived up to it's description of being quiet - just what we wanted. Plenty of space in all areas and often had the main pool more or less to ourselves.
It's nestled in a small cove - again that's exactly as described - but opens up into the gorgeous turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Perfect! There isn't much outside the hotel within walking distance - so not a holiday for those looking for lively nightlife. But plenty of activities on offer.
We went on the catamaran trip - highly recommended - swimming and snorkelling on offer. But also a barbecue lunch - amazing quantity of food and drink in great company. We returned merry and sleepy! Fantastic value for money.
Another day we had a day trip round the island in a taxi - the hotel sent us off with an extraordinary picnic box - only complaint was there was too much food!
We were genuinely sad to say goodbye to the lovely people we met and have both agreed it was one of the best holidays we've had.
We fell in love with the hotel - and Mauritius.
And now all we can see is out of the window is gloomy grey UK skies and all I can hear is the washing machine. Feel a little sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- you&me moments in Mauritius... Situated on the north coast of Mauritius, at Anse la Raie, the Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel is the ideal address for a relaxed holiday in very private and intimate surroundings. It is an adult exclusive hotel (from 18 years old onwards) thus guaranteeing a peaceful and tranquil holiday.Paradise Cove, a 67 rooms boutique hotel, nestled in a beautiful tropical garden, combines harmoniously the Mauritian traditionalarchitecture and contemporary exotic decoration. The refined atmosphere is conveyed by the open spaces bathed in sunlight.The hotel allows each one to enjoy peacefully the beauty and character of the spot, to combine exotic activities and pleasures of thisday and age. Those fond of intimate havens will choose the cove and its numerous love nests to share moments together. At the tip,the peninsula with its new infinity pool overlooking the turquoise lagoon offers a spectacular view on the northern islands; its Peninsula restaurant and bar is a real invitation to those looking for a vibrant and trendy atmosphere by the sea.Numerous nautical and land activities are available. There are four restaurants, offering a variety of tastes in paradisiacal and very intimate set ups, for a unique ‘Dine Around’ experience. At sunset, live acoustic music and piano-bar are an absolute guarantee of a nice evening within a convivial atmosphere.All of this together with its attentive and smiling staff, its personalized service, its Club Lounge and Spa, Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel is the place where you&me can choose to discover the hotel and its surroundings, to hideaway, to meet others or to do as much or as little, as ‘we’ wish… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Anse La Raie
- Paradise Cove Mauritius
- Hotel Paradise Cove
- Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel Mauritius/Anse La Raie