“Love Nest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Anse La Raie
Mauritius
“Love Nest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been there for the first time in February 2012. The hotel is situated in a nice location and is best suited for couples. I am going there again to celebrate my 1st year of engagement together with my wife to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Raoul Maurel at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Fabrice,

Thank you for choosing our Boutique Hotel to celebrate your first year engagement.

We hope that you will like the new look and concept of the Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your fiancée in our little ‘paradise’,

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
chorley lancashire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for two weeks in May for my husbands birthday. All the staff were fantastic, always smiling and willing to help. We stayed all inclusive, the food was good although if you like spicy food then you may be disappointed as it seems to be toned down to suit most tastes. The vegetarian food was very good indeed, I was always asked what I would like to eat for dinner at breakfast. I was never disappointed with the vegetarian meals made for me. Lunch at the bikini bar was always lovely and relaxed with a great view and the food was always of a high standard.
Evening entertainment was a few nights a week and was always low key and never intrusive.
We enjoyed kayaking although we had to stay within view of the boat house staff, so we couldn't go very far,which was a shame. We also had some very windy days when we couldn't go out on the kayaks or learn to windsurf.
The hotel is not in walking distance of anywhere so you need to catch a bus from the road outside the hotel (or use a taxi) although we never managed this as taxi drivers stop at the bus stop offering to take you where you want to go (at a good price compared to the taxis the hotel use).
The hotel was never crowded and the service was always very good. The staff could not have given better service.
We had a great two weeks and would like to return one day.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well, where do we start... first impressions on arrival...WOW! And it just got better from there. From the welcome of ice cold towels, refreshing drink and a neck massage after a very long flight and a bit of a drive.. we were greeted warmly, shown around and left to relax for the next 10 days in beautiful surroundings and with helpful, friendly, kind, staff from the manager who greets everybody to the gardeners who always say hello with a smile. The care taken by the staff is brilliant. The food was amazing! We are not big curry eaters but the chef gave us info on all the dishes in the buffet telling us which were spicy. Dont expect to lose weight here as all the food is irresistable. The bar and waiting staff were all so lovely with a smile and a joke each day. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was beautifully done and were surprised to find the hotel shutting for 3 months to be totally renovated. We highly recommend this hotel as it was well run by lovely people and hope one day to return.

Room Tip: Junior Suite and club lounge with snacks and drinks if half board.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Raoul Maurel at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review posted on Trip Advisor.

We are really glad to read that you had a very nice stay at Paradise Cove Hotel & Spa and that you appreciated the food and the Chef’s explanations on the proposed dishes.

As you have rightly said, we are currently closed for a period of 3 months for refurbishment and will open on the 1st September 2013 with a totally new concept.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in our new “Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel”.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have spent 9 nights at the Paradise Cove Hotel from 12th to 21st May 2013.

Having read reviews on Trip Advisor before leaving the UK, we were slightly concerned about our holiday. However, having now returned we can only think that the people with negative reviews must have stayed a different resort to PC.

We have stayed at numerous 5* resorts/hotels throughout the world and PC certainly deserves its 5* status.
From the moment of arrival the staff could not have been more polite or helpful and this continued throughout our stay.
We booked on the all inclusive, and the three meals each day were of a very high standard. Breakfast was buffet with a varied choice to suit all tastes. Lunch consisted of a large amount of choice and desserts. Dinner, depending on the night, was either buffet or set meal which was a choice of two. The menu is available to view at the start of the day, and if the choice is not to your liking, then the chef will prepare whatever meal you would prefer.
We swam in the lagoon frequently, as did others. The private PC beach was swept regularly throughout each day and kept very clean, as was the water.
Throughout our stay the Managers and staff were continually attentive towards us, insisting that we relax as we were on our holiday and they were there to ensure that we did so.
The resort has numerous secluded areas with double sunbeds set up which we made use of. Periodically a member of the bar staff would attend each area to take any drinks orders, which would then be brought to you.
We found the resort to be very quiet and restful and ideally situated on the island for a relaxing holiday.
The entire resort from accommodation to communal areas was kept spotlessly clean and tidy.
We stayed in room 7 and could get the free Wi-Fi from there.
At this time we understand that the resort is undergoing an upgrade and will become an adults only location, which in our opinion will be an added advantage for that relaxing retreat.
We cannot recommend this resort highly enough and are so glad that we were not put off by the negative reviews of some people. It is for this reason that we have gone to the trouble in writing this review in the hope that anybody who is considering a visit to PC will be encouraged to go ahead and have a wonderful holiday there.

On a future visit to Mauritius we would definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: There are only 60 rooms which all overlook the lagoon/cove, it is down to personal requirements to r...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perfect honeymoon destination - wonderful setting, attentive and helpful staff, great food, beautiful rooms... Would definitely recommend. Very private and lots of space so we never felt crowded. Great watersports activities on offer if you're feeling energetic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Raoul Maurel at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Georgina,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on our hotel, Paradise Cove Hotel & Spa.

Your appreciations towards our hotel and members of the staff have been shared with all the team.

Thank you as well to qualify our hotel as a “perfect honeymoon destination”.

We would be pleased to welcome you again at Paradise Cove Hotel & Spa in a near future.

St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Mauritius and Paradise Cove in March for our honeymoon.

The trip started out rocky, due to a flight delay. We arranged ahead of time (thru the resort) for a transfer from the airport to the hotel; except, when we arrived at the airport there was no driver or transfer. In all fairness, we were meant to arrive a day earlier, but like I said we had a flight delay. In anticipation of this, I was emailing the resort throughout our travels to update them of our fight status assuming that they would account for this and have the driver waiting for us upon our arrival. That didn’t happen. The resort eventually arranged a local taxi (with a VERY smelly driver, I must add) to take us and still charged us the full transfer fee.

Once we arrived, check-in and getting to the room was fine. The room was decorated well and my husband loved the outside terrace/porch (he’s a cigar smoker, so that was perfect for him). However, the bed was rock hard and incredibly uncomfortable especially for a 6 night stay and at the price we were paying. I mean honestly, over 200 euro a night to sleep on a bed that’s as comfortable as the floor? Deplorable.

We slept in the first day and missed breakfast; but, we did have lunch (which was good) and dinner (which was subpar at best) that day, as we had opted for the all-inclusive. We still haven’t figured out what it was, but something I ate in one of those 2 meals gave me one of the most gut wrenching experiences I have ever had. And let me say this, we live in West Africa and I’ve had my fair share of days/nights on the toilet, but this was one of the worst. So after feeling like my intestines were being ripped from my body for about 6hrs the next morning, I broke down and called the front desk about a doctor (since it stated in the desk book that there was a doctor on call). They asked me how I was feeling (as if they were going to be able to do anything), and the guy gasped and hurriedly said he would get the doctor straight away. An hour later of more intestine ripping pain, the doctor finally arrived. I told her what was going on, how I was feeling, the whole bit, and the look on her face was priceless. She was totally petrified. After the examination, she gave me about 7 different sets of tablets and some high strength electrolyte mix sachets. And then she said, that will be 3,500 MUR please. We of course replied, isn’t the resort covering this? And she said no, so we paid because I desperately needed the drugs. But come on, I get dysentery at your resort and you’re not going to do anything other than call a doctor? Seriously?!?

Needless to say, I didn’t eat much the rest of the trip. And when I was finally able to eat, I didn’t eat much from the resort. That didn’t really matter though; even if I had been able to eat the entire time, I wouldn’t have wanted to because the food was terrible. Everything was overcooked and under-seasoned. I’m not really sure what the other reviewers were raving about, but the week we were there the food was completely atrocious. Especially for a resort that espouses 5-star quality dining. Oh and on a side note, nowhere on the website does it mention a dress code for dinner. But, gentlemen beware… even though you’re going to a beach resort and probably wouldn’t normally pack trousers, it’s a must here. Long pants are required for dinner. And on another side note, we found out halfway through our stay that there were a few other people that got sick as well. So, there is definitely an issue with the food preparation at this resort.

The only thing that makes the all-inclusive worth getting is the price of the alcohol. You’re gonna pay London import prices for a local brew. At around 10 euro per drink and 80 euro per day for all-inclusive between lunch and dinner it evens out. And if you like to drink when you’re on holiday, you’re getting a deal.

Other than the transfer and the food, the resort itself is reasonably romantic. The lover’s nests on the outside of the cove are exceptional. Although, one thing I don’t understand is that for an all-inclusive resort there’s no drink service on any of the beaches or at the lover’s nests. That just doesn’t make sense. But you can’t beat the view; it’s just phenomenal. I suppose you would get a similar view at most of the other resorts in Mauritius, though. It’s a small island.

All in all, I’m not saying I wouldn’t come back here, but I would definitely stay at another resort. I’m quite certain there are better resorts for the money on that island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Raoul Maurel at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We note with regret that your stay has not been up to your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for both the transfer delay and your health disturbance for some days but note however that your enjoyed the setup of the hotel.

We seize this opportunity to inform our readers that doctor’s fee is at the charge of the guests; moreover at dinner time shorts are not accepted in the restaurant and bar area (information available in our factsheet & on our website).

We have taken good notes of your comments concerning the food and drink service on the beach.

Kind regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was the perfect honeymoon destination for us. The resort is very "couples friendly" and the staff always took the opportunity to offer us great personalized service, always with a smile and attention to detail.. The experience was well beyond our expectations and we would definitely recommend others to try it. We will be back on our next anniversary.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have best views and privacy. The suites have a bigger area, but bedroom, balcony and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Raoul Maurel at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your honeymoon.

We are delighted to read that you qualify our hotel as a “Paradise” and that you have spent a memorable honeymoon with us.

Rest assured that your review will be shared with all our team members.

We are glad to read that you are planning to come back again for your next anniversary.

We will all be there to welcome you again in our little “Paradise”.

Kind regards,

Raoul Maurel

Been to Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!