I spent two weeks (16.2.-2.3.2013) in this hotel together with my wife. We were first time in Marsa Alam region.
Good value for the money in this 4 * hotel 40km from the airport. Warm weather was quite during the whole stay, but blowing from the sea every day, sometimes really strong unpleasant wind. Usually 42 degrees C in the sun, 32 in the shade. 23 degrees of water were constantly. Surroundings: beach - Pensee and Utopia hotels - road and then just desert.
Good holiday for people who are looking for relax and like snorkeling, too. No animations programmes – very quiet space by the pools and on the beach, too. The hotel was full of about 40-50% (30% German, 30% Czech, 20% Italian and French, 20% other languages).
We had a spacious room on the 1st floor with balcony - overlooking the garden and the sea. The advantage of the hotel is accomodation and breakfast in the early morning immediately after arrival. Regular cleaning. El. equipment: air-condition, TV, safe, kettle, hairdryer. There was not possible to set air condition for air heating in our room. Furniture after eight years of operation of the hotel needs maintenance. The hotel is not separated from the wilderness in any fence, but the feeling of safety give two army check points about 500m from the hotel.
Food was perhaps the weakest part of the services provided in terms of the selection of dishes. E.g. one kind of sausage and cheese is served permanently for breakfast . Lunch is served in the restaurant next to the beach surpasses all the negatives. There was constantly the shortage of table red wine during our stay. But it is necessary to understand that everything must be transported from a long distance.
The worst service, but it has nothing to do directly with the hotel, was the internet. Slow, often dysfunctional - 1hr / 5 EUR. Otherwise, willing and friendly staff not requiring pickings. Animation program desperate enough-no more. There in the lobby in the evening daily sings Ukrainian (?) girl, that is not understood, physically tragic. Hotel depends on its waterworks and diesel generators producing electricity. Beach is clean with a wide entry into the water on the sand. First corals and fish are already about 50m from the beach. Corals farther from the beach and diversity of fish species around the area are the main advantage of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pensee Azur Resort, is a perect setting for a fun filled family vacation, romantic getway or memorable even located in Qusier, a hotspot known for its stunning coastal venues, coral reefs and warm hospitality. Located only 40 km from Marsa Alam airport and 20 km from qusier's city center. Boasting an expensive private beach and house reef rich with exotic tropical fish and spectacular corals, the hotel is an underwater playground for all the whole family to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Pensee Azur Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensee Azur Hotel El Quseir
- Pensee Royal Garden Hotel
- Hotel Pensee Royal Garden