“A small paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
Herk de Stad
“A small paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a perfect resort for people who want to relax. The resort is very well maintained, clean, beautiful. All area's (pool, beach, bars, restaurants...) are spotless.
Our seavieuw room was large and again very clean.
The food was excellent but what pleased us the most was the staff. All of them where very friendly and helpfull with always a genuine smile on their faces. They made us feel very welcome and attanded to our every need. They should turn this hotel into an International hotel staff training center. :) A lot of hotel personnel could learn from this staff.
I would probably not visit this hotel with my children and it may be a contra that it is situatid in the middle of nowhere but it is the best location for a relaxing romantic holiday. I would highly recommend it.
Thanks to all for a wonderful experience.
Nikie & Yousra

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamad Y, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir.

I am delighted when I read your comments regarding our resort. Rest assured that we will continue to strive in providing the best service and product that our Resort is renowned for.

I will definitely share your generous feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Frank N. Eikeland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stressed out from work I was looking for a calm place to wind down for a week and get some long longed for sun and warmth, I found this place and it turned out that it was exactly what I was searching for.

No hotels or crowded tourist streets nearby, just the desert and ocean which renders the hotel a very relaxing and calm place to be. Of course there are plenty of activities to choose by if one wishes that.

It is a clean and neat hotel, nice and spacoius rooms with lovely views of the ocean or garden surroundings. The staff is very friendly and always greets you with a friendly "How are you". The food is good, but a little more variation during dinner would be nice. Maybe some more of the local food. The breakfast is great, with freshly made omelettes and waffles.

I can really recommend this hotel to all of you looking for a nice, friendly and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir .

I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed all the facilities and services that we provide in the Resort and I would like to thank you for your kind feedback in regards to our colleagues. I am fortunate to be surrounded by colleagues who are very customer service oriented and this beautiful Resort definitely contributes significantly to enhancing the guest experience with the key focus of making memories.

Once again thank you for posting your generous review on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, cesme in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to The Raddison Blue in December 2012. Saga were as usual, fantastic. The Hotel, Rooms were O.K. If you have diffuctly in walking this hotel isn`t for you. No railings on all steps. very uneven walkways...The food was very boring. I did water aerobics every morning. excellant.
The staff at the hotel were charming and helpful in every way and went out of their way to look after you. If you are looking for a chill out week, with diving, snorkling and a good book this is a good place. Evening entertainment wasn`t very good. I went on my own, and made some very good friends. Mainly french, english and italians.

Room Tip: All rooms are built in little circles with about 4 to each little crescent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mohamad Y, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir.

I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving.

Your comments have been noted and some of them are already fixed.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Århus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 week at this great resort. From check-in to check-out we experienced the best service ever. Every where we were met with a smile and "How are you". We had half board and really enjoyed the food - fresh made omelets with whatever you want, great variety of delicious fruit, ratatouille and a great selection of home-made bread. Also the dinner was fantastic, every day a different selection of several dishes and freshly prepared. We both work in the hotel business back home and were very impressed by the service we received from the front desk, the housekeeping, the staff in Sherazade restaurant, SO smiling and polite, especially Abdullah and Ashraf at the pool who organized the quad tours in the dessert. - really a experience worth spending, we had 1 1/4 hours for 37 euro. Carola, the German lady was a hit - always smiling and she even remembered our room number. The pool area was always clean and the staff was visible all over the resort. Just a lovely and fantastic place which we can give our best recommendations!!! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regard to your stay at Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir.
I am delighted to read that we manage to exceeded your expectations and most happy to learn that the team has done a great job in taking care of you. Rest assured that we will continue to strive in providing the best service and product that our Resort is renowned for.

I will definitely share your generous feedback with Carola and the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stressed out at the end of November, I went on the hunt for a winter sun holiday. I'm sceptical of resorts and have never been to one. They mostly look like corporate holiday factories to me, and I usually prefer to book my own arrangements when I travel. However, in the mood to keep it simple and get some much-needed pampering, sunshine and warmth, I decided to give a resort a try and settled on the Red Sea in Egypt.

I ended up booking an all-inclusive 7-night stay at the Radisson BLU in El Quseir for two reasons: El Quseir isn't Hurghada or Sharm el-Sheik, and the online photos looked almost too good to be true. But they were in fact good and true.

My room was quite large, well appointed and quiet. It was more a semi-detached bungalow than a hotel room and featured a private terrasse that was literally 15 feet from the beach. Not all rooms are like this, of course, but mine was and I was immensely pleased with it. It was thoroughly cleaned every day and was always immaculate when I came back to it.

After two days of relaxing on the sparsely populated and beautifully maintained beaches, I decided to book some activities. The Subex diving school, on the grounds of the resort, offered a one-on-one intro dive at a reasonable price of 76€. I'd never done it before, and my instructor was quite patient, thorough and professional. I felt in safe hands the whole while and enjoyed exploring the coral reef and swimming with the many fishes it sustains.

I also booked a ride on a camel into the desert. A young local man (ok, he was actually a boy of no more than 16) led me on camelback round the dunes and hills opposite the resort for 90 minutes. It was peaceful and thoroughly enjoyable - and also very reasonably priced at around 20€.

I also visited the spa and had an amazing full-body massage that was followed with a warm oil drip applied to the forehead and scalp. I almost couldn't rise from the table, so relaxed was I afterwards. It was a little pricey at 110€, but not too.

When my left ear wouldn't return to normal the day after my dive, I visited the resort clinic and received excellent care. The resort staff were all exceedingly friendly, warm and welcoming at every turn. They rang my room on three occasions just to see if there was anything I needed or wanted - and then brought it, whatever it was. The grounds were clean and beautifully landscaped, and it was easy to find my way around the place intuitively. The food selection was vast and delicious.

If I have one 'negative' to share, I'd have to say it was the coffee. They should try a little harder to bring that up to a higher standard. But otherwise, I loved the place and would happily recommend it to friends - especially if they are tea drinkers.

I would go back to the Radisson BLU El Quseir again, definitely. Next time, with some good friends because this place should be shared.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your visit to the Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir.

We are delighted to read from your review you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the service and facilities at the property had exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate you pointing out the excellent service you received from our associates.

We are happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and that our ambassadors were exceptionally courteous, smiling and friendly.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you for pointing out the excellent service you received and I will be sure to share your comments and the team.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and on behalf of all the Ambassadors at Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu El Quseir. It is a luxury resort that makes a difference with other resorts in its very personal services "Yes we can" is their motto
Everything was perfect, room, service, food, much space to walk around, to lie on the beach, when it gets cold, you can go to the SPA with sauna, steam bath and massage

Room Tip: choose a room directly on the beach
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mohamad Y, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Once again thank you for posting your generous review on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir in the future.

Herk-de-Stad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked one week half board (20-27/12/12), travelling with wife and 2 sons (6 & 9 years old).

We really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu El Quseir. It is a luxury resort that makes a difference with other resorts in its small personal services and kind attentions. Do not expect an active club resort, it is the opposite: quiet, peaceful & isolated. It is an isolated 'SPA' resort focusing on enjoying the quiet and relaxing moments at the spa, the beach and in the water.

At arrival we were welcomed in a very personal way by the staff, big contrast to some 5* resorts in the Canaries. Luggage was taken care of with electrical carts, nice. We had a standard room with 2 extra beds for the kids. It was 'cosy' but not too small. We had a chance to upgrade to a larger family room with 2 rooms and a chared bathroom but decided not to do because of the nice location of our room with side views on beach and sea. The room was kept clean perfectly.

Buffets were excellent. For sure the best we had out of 4 trips to Egypt, third best over all (behind 5* resorts at the Maldives & the Canaries). The variety was good (but not overwhelming), the quality and taste of food was really top. You do find specialties, really tasty kitchen. The Christmas Eve Special Buffet with 'Santa on a camel' was very nice and much appreciated by the kids. We also enjoyed our daily fresh juices (2€) serviced by staff to our seats at the pool or at the beach, really nice...

The hotel was not fully booked so it was really quiet in the restaurant, at the pool and at the beach.
It was almost too quiet to get to some holiday atmosphere. There is no international animation team, not for kids, not for youngsters, not for adults: looking for 'club', 'fun', 'group sports', 'evening animation' and 'drinking fun'? Please check out other resorts because you will find this hotel just too boring.

For our family the weakest spot of this hotel was the kids animation: for this they fail half a star out of 5. compared to other places the kids animation was non-existing: no international team, just one English speaking Egypt lady seems to be in charge of the mini club, not even trying to bother to communicate with kids that can't speak English nor activate them. There is an hourly activity program at the kids club but it is not followed. Many times we showed up for an activity, but they did not stick to the schedule. We even canceled a snorkeling trip to show up for a non-existing kids activity. The main kids events (camel ride, horse ride & T-shirt painting) are charged 5€ per kid by the way, prices are not listed in the program, you only find it out when you already stand aside the camel. No 'mini-disco' at night, greatly missed by the kids. Kids animation was really below standard and below our expectations.

But because all 4 of us we like to snorkel, the biggest asset of this hotel is just its isolated location and the beautiful house reef with jetty. Very easy entrance via beach (lagoon) or jetty (house reef). We had 5 out of 7 days a green or yellow flag (safe to snorkel at the reef) and it was magnificent! Even on the inside of the lagoon it is as if you swim in an aquarium. At the house reef we saw the most beautiful corals and enjoyed our underwater stay with trigger, puffer & needle fishes, blue spotted stingrays, one great barracuda and in 2 occasions even a small grey reef shark (just about 1m long, not scary).

At the Subex dive club we booked 2 snorkel trips to Abu Sawatyr & Mangrove Bay. We were guided by Mr. Esa and his colleagues and we all appreciated their very kind assistance. Mr. Esa did a very good job in explaining the underwater area and giving strict instructions about safety and environment, really excellent!

I guess in the future we will definitely try to come back to the Radisson Blu El Quseir...but without kids.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities and services that we provide in the resort and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

Sorry that you were made to feel a little disappointed with regards to the kids club. Your comments have been noted.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Resort El Quseir, hopefully in the very near future.

Frank N. Eikeland

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir? Share your experiences!