“very nice resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Akassia Swiss Resort El Quseir

You added Akassia Swiss Resort El Quseir to your Saves list
Akassia Swiss Resort El Quseir
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   36km N Marsa Alam Rt 24, El Quseir, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
hilversum
“very nice resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

This is a good resort! Nice big and clean rooms. A very nice housereef. A beautiful aquaparc for free. Our boys from 13 and 16 were delighted. Al lot of pools with more than enough beds en towels. nice staff. The food was oke. Not great but good enough. The wellnesscentre was mwah but Ismael the best mausseur we ever had. Ask for him!
We will come back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I went to Akassia for four days with my husband, two children (ages 13 and 10) and a group of friends. We are Egyptian Americans, lived in the US for many years and have traveled extensively around the world to Mexico, Hawaii, Egypt, Europe and by far this was the best all inclusive hotel I have every stayed in. I also work for an international organization and travel all around the world and stay at many hotels and Akassia is top notch in hygiene and cleanliness.

Food/Beverages - the Buffet is very tasty and offers a variety of food for children and adults alike. The food is very clean and the chefs check the food temperature all the time and during my five day stay, I did not see a fly in the restaurant. I tried the snack bar once and had a chicken sandwich with french fries which was also very tasty but between the three meals, I could not get any snacks. Yes fresh fruit juice is for an extra charge which is fair and along the lines of what I saw in other resorts in Cancun and Hawaii. Dinner themes varied every night but the pasta station and the pizza corner are always there every evening. The lamb in the oriental night is magnificent and you should not miss it. It is the highlight of the buffet. There is also a Turkish Coffee corner and a tea and coffee corner. The salad bar is very rich and offers you whole fresh vegetables as well as the mixed salads. Desert was perhaps the weakest point in the buffet but there are always plenty of fresh fruits if you do not find what you want. The breakfast buffet is super with a pancake and waffle station as well as an egg station.You can also have lunch at the beach restaurant with wonderful views of the sea from every direction but the variety of the food is not the same as the main restaurant.

The Pools - the hotel has many fresh water pools in every direction as well as couple of wave pools. Some of the pools are even heated so in December we were swimming until sunset in great warm water. Every group of rooms has a pool in front of it so everyone has a view.

Aqua Park - now that was super for the kids. I myself had a chance to do few slides. It was always empty and we did not pay the one euro thing so it looks like the policy has changed recently. This was truly the highlight of our stay as the kids did not get a dull moment and we were not bothered with the famous "I AM BORED" sentence. The staff at the park is very friendly, courteous and high on safety. One of the children and the group was running and hurt her toe so they immediately administered first aid. The best thing about the park is that it is very clean and the slides are super clean.

The Beach - I love snorkeling and that is the place to be for snorkeling lovers. Lots of fish around the two jetty. My husband claims that the far away jetty has more fish than the one closer to pools area. I could not do enough of snorkeling. The house reefs are also beautiful and house many fish. I took tons of pictures with my camera from the top of the jetty so you can see them even if you do not snorkel. The weather was also great and the sea so calm - unbelievable in December - so you could swim and enjoy the warm sea. Did not try the dive. My son likes diving but he was busy with the snorkeling and the aqua park this time.

The Area - the hotel is 40 minutes away from Marsa Alam and there are no activities outside of the hotel but it has got everything so you not need to leave the hotel for quite sometime.

Entertainment - did not go to any of the shows as we had a group of friends but the kids loved the Cobra show and the mini disco that they organized every night.

The staff - very friendly, courteous, polite and clean. Most importantly, they did not expect tips so if you tipped them they are happy and if you don't they are also still happy. I have not been to many places where I saw this attitude.

The grounds are fabulous and the landscaping is meticulous and charming. There are plenty of areas for jogging and walking. Ramps are everywhere for strollers and people who need to be on wheelchairs. So this is a great place also for senior citizens as it is an easy ground to get around. My husband used the gym and says it is great but was empty.

I wanted to try the spa but did not have time.

The clients for the hotel are mainly German, Swiss and French and all seems to be of decent high-end quality. I can tell from their appearance and friendliness.

Overall a great vacation and worth every penny. I would definitely go back again. My kids were in tears for leaving.

Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I will start with the best thing in this hotel. the Aquapark. It is great. If you have kids 8-14 years old they will have a really good fun. A hotel him self it's far away from everything but its quit big so you can enjoy the walk. Rooms are big spacious. The bed is quit hard and cleanliness is average even with the good tip.
No tea/coffe facilities in the room. Very bad decoration,
Food: quantity it'svery big, more than enough but it is always the same thing prepared to look different but tastless. Bread is great, several kinds , very good, Coffe it's undrinkable. They really should do something about the food. Not to mention that we were alle sick. Lss quantity better quality it's my suggestion.
The beach is very naice and there is always seats free. The stuff is kind with no pushing for bakshish but I would recommand to avoid all the salesman around way to expensive. Facial treatmen it's just th esame price as in Europe and very dirty. So be careful on that.
If you have a kids and you just want some sun and you pay what we payed that means 400 euro on all in for 1 week, than it's ok. But if you expect 5 star hotel this is not the one.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed here with my girlfriend and 2.5year old little girl in November 2009 and was very impressed. The staff were great and would go out of there way for you and did not expect tips, but they were greatly appreciated. As like everywhere, tipping would ensure you even greater service - but it was still great without. From the bar staff to the gardeners they were all very friendly. Greetings go out to our room guy Sayid who did a fantastic job for us on a daily basis.

The location of the hotel is in an up and coming area, on route and returning to the airport you could see there were new hotels popping up all over the place.

The hotel itself was amazing, I've been to AI resorts in the carribbean and thought they were big, this place is HUGE in comparison. There was at least 8 or 9 pools, all of which you could just walk upto at anytime in the day and find a lounger without having to worry about struggling to find one, some of the pools were pretty chilly due to the wind, but Im guessing in the heat of summer at 45degrees you would be screaming for a cold pool! 2 of the pools were heated and were great. The beach was the same, loads of cushioned loungers and again - you never had to worry about not getting one no matter what time it was. Great snorkelling on the beach itself with sting rays and all kinds of fish swimming around. You could also snorkel from the jetty as long as it wasn't too rough. While I was there it was a `red flag day' 5 out of the 7 days so it was a no no. Everyday when the red flag is up the hotel ran a snorkelling trip for free to a local bay for an hour or so - I would highly recommend this to anyone who is not to strong a swimmer as the water here was like the swimming pools, nice and calm - with LOADS of fish and coral to view. The grounds were kept in superb condition with gardeners all over the place, there would have to be loads of them to keep up with the sheer size of the resort.

Rooms, well the first thing I saw was 2 double beds and a TV and thought it was nice and the same size as a standard room in the Dom.Rep or Cuba, then I realized there was another room which was the same size! So it was twice as large as what I had been used to in the Carribbean. Our room was on the bottom floor of a 2 story section, with a patio door leading out to views of one of the pools. Only negative thing I can say about the room (and probably the whole hotel!) is the lack of tea/coffee equipment in there, with the hotel being so large a walk to a bar and back for a drink could take upto 15mins! Cleaning of the room was great, and if we were busy when the room guy turned up it was no problem to him and he would pop back later, normally leaving us some nice towel art for our little girl. The fridge was filled with some water on our first day, and additional bottles could be bought (or you could refill your used bottle for free). A nice tip ensured us some fresh bottles everyday anyway :)

The bars and restaurants, loads of bars scattered around. 2 on the beach that I counted, 1 main one near the main pool and one in the lobby. Im sure there are more but I didn't get round to them all! Always great service with a smile. Never checked out the Al a Carte as the buffet style restaurant was always enough for us. Great choice for breakfast including pastrys and danishes, loads of different breads, cereal, omlettes, pancakes and whatever else you needed. At dinner they also had a great selection. Tea time was a themed affair, from French night to Italian night we never had a problem finding something nice to eat - my little girl wasn't to keen on some of the foods on offer during the evening, and the standard `chips' wasn't always available in the evenings. The service in the buffet restaurant was great and once the waiters got used to seeing you they would kinda `fight' to get `their' customers into their seats haha.

The aqua park was huge and free. Countless amounts of slides and fun to be had, and was more or less empty everyday. Not ONE que to get on any of the slides, lots of slides to suit different ages.

Weather was spot on, not too hot for us. Around 26degrees everyday, was pretty windy but thats not the resorts fault, Im sure if they could have done anything about it they would! The place had no chavs walking about and hasn't turned into some of the hotels you see in Tenerife and Ibiza etc. Nice and quiet and suitable for familys of all ages.

Overall great place and would be more than happy to go back. Any questions feel free to ask.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

just come back the hotel is fantastic and very clean. It is very isolated but then we expected that. The things that disapointed us most was 1. the snorkling we were unable to get into the sea due to very strong current and winds and thats what we went for.
2. The food was AWFUL not covered over and lots of flies same every day and cold we have travelled to Egypt before and we know what the food can be like but this was below par would not return

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hebden Bridge, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I had read mixed reviews but as it was a last minute booking I was not too worried as we really wanted a bit of sun and relaxation in a quiet resort.
I have done all inclusive before so had a pretty good idea what to expect.
Here are the positives:-
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Walking around the grounds felt like we were in toyland, as the buildings are all pale pink and little castles and turrets everywhere, but very charming.It was very clean and well laid out, the staff were excellent - polite, friendly, efficient. Tipping was appreciated but not expected.The hotel clientele were mainly Germans and Italians with a few French, Russians and English. The age range was mainly 35 plus and very few children. There was no outlandish behaviour, it was very peaceful.
I did have concerns about the food as I had been to Egypt many years ago, but we found plenty of choice daily and it was very good overall.
The alcohol was local spirit equivalents and the same for the wine and beer, but it was ok and we adapted !
Our room was in a good location, clean and spacious and the maid service daily was very good, even if he did arrive early !! But he was always happy to return later.Plenty of clean towels, shampoo etc. Also there is a hairdryer in the bathroom.
There is a safe that worked.
TV was ok and we regularly watched movies.
Air con was good.
All rooms have a balcony with either a pool or sea view.
The swimming pools were excellent, especially the heated ones !! They were clean and never crowded. The water park was an absolute bonus and partly why we chose this hotel. It is great fun and lots to do, and free !!
As we wanted a quiet private week we didn t take advantage of the many things on offer but many people did and it all looked good fun. There was evening entertainment but again we were happy to not attend.
We found the card hall where a few people attended each evening to play bridge or other card games or sit and read. We went there every evening and it was very pleasant. The barman Anton was a lovely guy ! Again, re the negatives below, we should have been told about this as opposed to finding it by accident.
The beach and sea were lovely but we prefer pools. Be aware you definitely need sea shoes here. Many people were snorkelling and diving and it is clearly well set up for that.
The gym facilities were better than average, and so were the spa and beauty treatments.
There is a 24 hr pharmacy and doctor here. There are a few shops also, some in the lobby and some downstairs.
We used room service once and it was prompt and freshly made food.
Here are the minor negatives:-
No tea and coffee facilities in the room - there usually are on AI.Take your own.
No iron in the room - again there usually is. We asked for one but were referred to the laundry service, where there was a charge so we didnt bother. Take your own.
Cocktails are not included in the AI but we were later told there was an option to pay extra to have total access to such things. See below !!

Thomas Cook rep - she was abrupt, rude and totally disinterested. We attended the morning meeting. As per other AI I was expecting full info, a map, the do's and donts etc etc. We were hardly told a thing and only found out too late about things we would have appreciated knowing - eg as well as the main restaurant there was an a la carte which was chargeable, but worth a visit and we would have enjoyed that !

The weather was gorgeous and as my other half burns easily it was not too hot.
There were various trips on offer but as we had done them on previous trips it was not worth paying to do them again. Luxor is worth a visit and I would suggest the 2 day trip with the added balloon trip.
I would definitely return here.The only downside really was the Thomas Cook rep.and we were not alone in our opinion. For couples of 30-35 plus it is ideal. I also think it would be a great place to bring children due to the water park and excellent pools and play areas, especially at this time of year as the temperature was great !
I am happy to answer any questions if you wish to email.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

this village is huge, plenty to do......we hired quad bikes and drove over the desert.....
dancing horses once a week on the beach...We loved returning to our spotless room every day to see what artistic creation was on our beds.....palm trees, swans etc made from the towels......lots of bars,restaurants, pools....we think we counted 5 towel stations including the water park..........lovely soft sunbeds on the beach (each private)......
Food......always something to enjoy...........fresh pizza and pasta everyday........you choose your own toppings,.The staff are fantastic, realy friendly i felt so upset saying goodbye to them all on our last day........JULIA HARDMAN (MORAN ) LIVERPOOL. X X X X X X X X X

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Akassia Swiss Resort El Quseir? Share your experiences!