Calling this hotel a 'Lodge' suggests a basic level of accommodation but this is far from the truth. The Breakers is a well run smallish 4 star hotel where every member of staff is concerned that your stay is the best that it can be. It is a recently opened hotel on a large private estate of several large stylish hotels, a golf course and spa. It is quite isolated and ideal for 'get away from it all' holidays but not suited to those seeking retail therapy, markets or late night life.
The hotel attracts a predominantly German clientele but English is widely spoken and in fact, most of the films shown on the open-air roof terrace in the evenings are in english with german sub-titles.
Practically everyone staying at the hotel is either a diver or a kiter. This means that most people want a reasonable bed time so as to maximise their sporting opportunities during the day. Consequently, there is no late night bar action or loud, late parties. A point to note is that this is not an ideal hotel for people with young families - a great selling point if you don't want to be listening to other people's children whist you're relaxing by the pool or on the beach. The much larger Sheraton next door is better suited to families.
The chefs and kitchen staff worked particularly hard to produce varied, high quality, delicious meals which followed a different theme each evening. The hotel & kite house general manager was keen to speak with the guests at dinner so as to ensure that they were satisfied with what the hotel, dive school and kite house were offering.
Altogether, a superb 2 week stay that we are keen to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers is a novelty a water sports hotel, a home for demanding individuals who want to relax completely. With lots of high quality interior design, excellent cuisine, friendly service, and direct ocean location it is a delight to stay at the Breakers for all senses. You will have a lifestyle experience, supported by a casual lounge atmosphere, friendliness and high quality. Here you can enjoy an easygoing lifestyle at the house reef by diving, kiting at the new "Kitehouse", or just reading and hanging out in the beautifully decorated lounge areas that are overlooking the red sea. Spend an unforgettable time in an El Dorado of the simple pleasures of life - surrounded by a lot of style and service, but still very relaxed and in your personal daily rhythm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Diving And Surfing Lodge
- The Breakers Diving & Surfing Hotel Soma Bay