I went to Breakers with my son, brother and friends to kitesurf Soma Bay. The hotel is relatively small compared to the others nearby but had a much nicer feel about it. My brother was staying next door at the Sheraton but we all though Breakers was much nicer. There were a lot of Germans staying there and a few other Brits. It was a good sociable place to stay and the food was as good as anything I'd found in Egypt before. The shuttle bus takes you down to the Kite House 5 minutes away and here is an exceelent kitesurfing venue. A cool place to chilax with great wind blowing pretty much offshore. It was Easter so it was pretty crowded on the water but excellent flat water blasting. Superb rescue facilities and good storage, only let down by the lack of enough compressed air which caused queues in the morning. This place is on a par with El Gouna, probably a bit better for kiting as the sandy bottom means no shoes, whereas El Gouna requires footwear unless you are really experienced. However El Gouna has so much more to offer in terms of restaurants etc so for partners and kids chose El Gouna, but for pure kitesurfing Breakers is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers is a novelty a water sports hotel, a home for demanding individuals who want to relax completely. With lots of high quality interior design, excellent cuisine, friendly service, and direct ocean location it is a delight to stay at the Breakers for all senses. You will have a lifestyle experience, supported by a casual lounge atmosphere, friendliness and high quality. Here you can enjoy an easygoing lifestyle at the house reef by diving, kiting at the new "Kitehouse", or just reading and hanging out in the beautifully decorated lounge areas that are overlooking the red sea. Spend an unforgettable time in an El Dorado of the simple pleasures of life - surrounded by a lot of style and service, but still very relaxed and in your personal daily rhythm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Diving And Surfing Lodge
- The Breakers Diving & Surfing Hotel Soma Bay