“Wonderful Getaway Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast
180 Union Corners Road, Warwick, NY 10990   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Warwick B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Wonderful Getaway Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The owner, Dorothy, is an absolute sweetheart. We were so happy with the accommodations as well as the meal provided every morning. Cannot be beaten for the price. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are looking for a nice and peaceful country/ski getaway from the city (just over an hour from NYC, and only 20 min. from Mt. Creek Ski Resort/Mountain Biking Trail/Water Park) then this is the place....especially if you have a dog. After searching the area for a hotel or B&B that would accommodate my fiancé and our dogs, we just couldn't trust any of the "pet friendly" hotels we looked at. Then we came across Meadowlark Farm B&B and our gut instincts said lets go for it. We had never been to a B&B before and had our reservations, but Dorothy (owner) and Quinn (overgrown puppy extraordinaire) immediately changed our minds. They made us feel right at home upon arrival and throughout our stay. Her breakfasts are better than anything we've had in the city, and if you want to go skiing or outlet shopping she might even babysit your dog for you. We cant wait to go back and plan on making it a regular thing. Many hugs and thanks Dorothy and Quinn, see you again very soon! -Jared, Arathi, Penni, and Lolly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast is perfect for a short getaway. Went there during winter in mid Dec with only shopping in mind (Woodbury). Was pleasantly surprised with the B&B! Dorothy has been amazing and she is an absolutely wonderful host. To top it all, she's an awesome cook! :) Had lots of fun with her dog, Queen. Wished we had stayed for a couple more days but had to rush to new york due to tight schedule. Would definitely be back during summer some time to see the flowers! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Meadowlark Farm B&B goes away from the fancy bed & breakfast places.

It's as the name suggests, a bed & breakfast on a farm. There is a barn on the grounds that houses a horse who also roams in the field at times. There is a dog named Quinn who loves company and is adorable. There's also a cat that lives in the barn with the horse who sometimes wanders around the area as well.

If you're looking for a b&b with spa treatments, and lush accommodations this is not the place for you.

But if you are looking for a retreat into the country, a lovely place to stay, with friendly animals and people surrounding you, then this is the place to go.

You'll be greeted by Dorothy and most likely Quinn's hello bark. Dorothy is a lovely lady who is quite friendly and has tons of stories to tell, it's her place so she's on the premises for anything that you might need. Quinn is her dog that has a face you can't say no to, he's quite friendly and loves getting attention.

We stayed in the King room that has it's own bathroom, the other two rooms share a bathroom. There's a common area downstairs to eat your meals and the breakfast that Dorothy cooks for you. There's also the yard where your dog can run free.

This is the only b&b in the area that's dog friendly, so bring them along!!! They'll love it.

With that said, people might expect to have the house smelling like dogs, or dog hair to be all over the place, but it's quite the opposite. The rooms were very clean and I didn't spot any dog hair at all. The bathroom was also very clean and comfortable. The only smell you'll probably encounter is waking up to the baked peach pancakes, or the omelette, ham and potatoes in the morning.

We loved our stay there, although the weather was very chilly, we still enjoyed our time here. We plan on coming back in the warmer months and will probably bbq in the yard. Our dog loved it too and I'm sure she's looking forward to coming back. She ran and ran around that yard, barked and wanted to play with the horse and fell in love with Quinn.

The location is great - it's not in the town where all the restaurants and stores are, this about a 6-8 minute drive away. It's nice that you're away from that area so you can experience the country, with no noise whatsoever, the fresh air, and solitude of being on this farm b&b - then take a short drive to get something to eat or some light shopping. It's also only about 20 minutes from the Woodbury Commons Outlet, if you're looking to shop.

This is a hikers paradise as they are all welcome to stay here and Dorothy would even shuttle them to the trail heads if needed.

Dorothy and Quinn were great company and we could have listened to more and more of those stories from years past while eating that pancake and the homemade chocolate chip muffins.

We'll definitely be back here in the spring or summer.

Room Tip: The King Room is best if you want your own bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

While Hiking the Appalachian Trail, I was having a rough day with ill-fitting shoes a snapped hip-belt buckle and wet, foggy weather. I was sitting on top of a mountain, feeling like [--] and was going over various scenarios that would get me somewhere dry and out of this funk. I telephoned the Dorothy at the B&B after reading about MeadowLark in AWOL's guidebook. At this point in my hike I was low on funds and was looking at the tenting option, reasoning I could stay inside and just sleep outside. At least that way, even though my tent would be wet, I would stay dry and warm for most of my stay. To my amazement and sincere gratitude, she told me that a bed had opened up from a guest who decided to leave a day early and that I could sleep in that room for the same cost. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It made me feel so good to be helped when I was feeling very low. So, that night I slept in a gigantic bed (It's the one in the photo) in a very nice room, with comfortable carpeting that felt so good on my feet haha. In the morning, she prepared a hearty breakfast that anyone hiker or not, would have fully enjoyed. And best of all, was the time we spent talking. It was just a wonderful experience. Thank You, Dorothy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Dorothy, the lively, friendly and helpful owner of this comfortable B&B makes all the difference to AT hikers. She cheerfully shuttled me to the trail at 6 am, having provided me with my necessary coffee and a delicious breakfast at 5:30 am. Her B&B offers comfort, warmth and charm. Her sweet dog also is warm and welcoming. I only wish I could have stayed there all day...but the trail beckoned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed here while hiking the Appalachian Trail with my dog, Bodhi. Dorothy picked us up at the trail, provided shuttle service (something thru-hikers are always happy to find) to local merchants, made us feel at home, and fed us a delicious breakfast we won't soon forget. She is a great asset to the town of Warwick NY, which was recently designated as a "Trail Community" by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. The services she provides are exceptional and she went the extra mile to help us even when her schedule was tight. Our room was lovely and well appointed. I can't wait to go back again....soon, I hope!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!