“Simply Charming” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Simply Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

We had read the many positve reviews and decided that the Inn at Stony Creek was definitely worth a try. All our expectations came true. The inn is ideally located in the quaint little town of Warwick a short 20 minute drive to Woodbury Common. After a busy day of shopping, it was a perfect place to go back to and relax. The Inn is tastefully decorated and Bill Signor the innkeeper was wonderful. Our room was simply charming with chocolates to enjoy and a most comfortable bed to sleep in. We loved the gourmet breakfasts Bill prepared for us as well. We will definitely return.

• Liked — The decor and personal touches
  • Disliked — our small bathroom
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

This Inn is absolutely charming and perfect! You can find an authentic country style with the neighborhood and the interior decoration. The silence is so appreciable for somebody who came from Manhattan like us. It's THE place to have a real repose. And what a magnificent breakfast! Excellent appearance and delicate taste! Finally, we must say that Bill, the innkeeper, was so kind and warm, who puts his heart and soul in this place!
We had a short but unforgettable time there and we'll be back certainly.

Kingston, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

We had only booked for one night and what a mistake that was! The Inn at Stoney Creek is a real gem and not expensive for what it offers. Bill clearly has superb taste; the furnishings, the antiques and furniture all gel together. Very quiet at night. The Inn's situation is ideal; only 55 miles from NYC but deep in the countryside. The small, nearby town of Warwick offers a pleasing range of shops and restaurants and has a lovely feel to it. For tea lovers do not miss Charlottes. There are a number of restaurants within a few minutes drive and Bill will provide excellent printed guides to each or where ever else you wish to go. Lots to do in the area with State parks and the Hudson Valley. We cannot recommend this Inn highly enough. Make sure Bill introduces you to his two feathered friends! We thought Bill was charming and helpful in every way.

Simon and Jane Addy, Kingston, England

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

I saw only great reviews on the net, so I knew I had to stay here for my shopping trip at the outlet mall. I even changed some of my travel arrangements so that I could stay, and I didn't regret it one bit! My only regret was that I should've stayed longer! I had spent far too much time shopping, and had absolutely no time to see this beautiful little historic town.

Since I was travelling alone and had decided not to rent a car, I took a bus from Port Authority station in NYC to Warwick, which only cost me US$11 one way, and took a very easy 2 hours. Bill came to pick me at the Park&Ride where I alighted (although one should really stop at Oakland Ave, the stop after the P&R) and drove me back to his lovely B&B where I stayed in the Sam Houston suite, a beautiful, spacious, clean and very comfortable room.

Bill was the perfect host- friendly yet unobtrusive, and extremely helpful. Furthermore, he makes excellent breakfast! He was very kind to drive me to and from the outlet mall for US$20 round trip (around 15 min each way), and drove me back to the bus stop on the day I left at no extra charge.

I highly recommend this place for a wonderful retreat, away from the bustle of city life. And despite not having enjoyed Warwick as much as I would've liked, it certainly is a great place to get away from it all (including all that mad shopping at the end of the day!) However, take note that the cell phone coverage in the town isn't great, so I was virtually uncontactable for the entire time I was there, but that wasn't such a bad thing!!

I cannot wait to return, and for all those planning a trip soon, book early as rooms get snapped up quickly!!

• Liked — Bill's hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

Alejandro and María from Buenos Aires, Argentina
We had a wonderful stay in this place, the rooms are lovely and the attention a plus. We'll come back!!!

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Some bathrooms are kind of small.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Laval
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My Husband and I stayed there from July 7-July 9, 2008. We had an awesome stay! Bill our host was wonderful. Very Clean and peaceful place to stay for a few days.

southern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Every summer my daughter Erica and I take a few days out of our busy lives for an annual mother/daughter trip. It is our time to re-connect and get pampered. And pampered we get! Bill Seignor and his friend Joe take care of us the minute we enter the front door of their beautiful and quaint Bed & Breakfast. We're offered home-made ice-tea to refresh us after our long trip from Southern New Jersey. As we sit in the comfy rocking chairs on the front porch, Bill will always appear with a plate of cookies for us to enjoy.

We love the room we stay in every year. It is filled with beautiful furniture and antiques. We feel like we're spending the night in a friend's home. We sleep in a comfortable canopy bed and enjoy the cleanliness of the room and private bath. It's very hard to stay in a commercial hotel after experiencing the luxury of a B&B like the Inn at Stony Creek. The breakfast is phenomenal and made-to-order. Erica and I look forward to waking up and sitting on the deck in the back overlooking a small pond. We're served like royalty with a delicious gourmet breakfast that changes everyday.
Bill is always obliging to all the guests when it comes to personal dietary needs. He gladly makes changes for us to accomodate our vegetarian diets. We've stayed at other B&B's that do not offer the quality and creativeness that this one does.

After breakfast, there are many activities to choose from in this quaint area. Besides antique shopping, fruit picking, a local spa, a large water-park, there is my daughter's favorite Woodbury Commons, the largest retail outlet mall in the world. She buys all her clothes for the upcoming school year and I enjoy the huge variety of designer and home furnishing stores. The prices are truly discounted compared to our local department stores. The Inn at Stoney Creek gives us a thick coupon book so we can obtain even more discounts. At night we go to a double feature at one of America's last drive-ins.

Erica and I always leave the Inn withheavy-hearts knowing it will probably be a whole year before we have the chance to take a break from life's stress and fast pace to enjoy being pampered and each other's company at our favorite Inn.

• Liked — Warm, friendly environment, extremely clean and quaint
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Inn at Stony Creek? Share your experiences!