“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 48 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We are located in the Shoprite Plaza on Route 94 in Warwick.
Description: We are located in the Shoprite Plaza on Route 94 in Warwick.
Warwick, New York
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me start with this place suc**!!! Typical as***** over charges for basic blah food! Ordered food there the other night, 1 cheese ravioli, 1 chicken parm without pasta and an order of mozzarella sticks for $42.06. Charged $21 for a chicken parm dinner with extra chicken because I don't eat the pasta. Called up to see if they over charged me and basically he said the extra chicken is $4.95 over top of an initial price of $14.95 and there was no salad or pasta.

If you like basic Italian food with a very high price and sh** service, this is the place for you. There are many better places in Warwick, in fact, all of them are better.

Buyer be aware and don't eat here!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

NYC
“Ok for local quickie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As one of the last stops to the drive in Theater , Lucas Italian seemed perfect pre-show pick up, ( since the market place across the street had an hour long wait for food). Lucas has a clean front fast food area and what appeard a more elegant rear dining area (which I did not try out). Our meal consisted of Garlic Bread Parm which was obviously just prepared in a serving tray and the thin sliced bread thrown in and only top layer seasoned and barely sprinkled with cheese. Very disappointing . The Mozzerella sticks were soggy and oily, We ordered a "Chicken Louie" salad that they forgot to put chicken in, stating it was not a problem( lucky for him he didnt have to get out of line drive back and then hope to get back in to the Drive in) but were gracious enough to replace later (and for the second time forgot to add utensils), the Chicken Parm was huge tastee but shy on Chicken(too much bread with the end having about two inches without chicken). My son did enjoy the Chicken filet with lettuce tomato and mayo.
The staff was friendly though waiting twenty minutes for the food I was able to watch the service staff looking around for things to do without getting their bearings. The prices though average for NYC seem high for this area and the food with regular main course meals starting at $15.95 does seem high for the quality rendered. In hind sight I should have waited at the market for an hour!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Vernon nj
“I am glad they did not retire.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have know Luca and his family for years as a child we went to their restaurant for years in Oakland with my mom & dad. I grew up in Mahwah and then moved to N. Haledon and my husband and my kids would be frequent visitors to the restaurant. Then they sold it a couple of years ago and retired however that did not last they decided retirement was not for them so they open Luca's in Warwick NY and Me and my family are really happy because now we live in Vernon and they are only right down the block it is so nice to have a real italian pizza and food the food is great so try it if you havent already. Once everyone relizes who they are they are going to have to expand the business. Great Food and hospitality.,..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pizza is better than most in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Can only eat pizza in the front where all the takeout people come in and out and open the door. Pizza itself is decent. It's consistently good

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WARWICK
“Excellent food but bad decisions by owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been frequenting this restaurant for a while and have always had a great meal. The issue is that I often (not only in this restaurant but in others) will share a portion of my meal (I recently had bypass surgery which limits what I can eat). This past visit I was charged $3.90 for a plate share. Kind of ridiculous considering the fact that you can sit and order a pizza with four people, spend $13.00 and sit at the table for as long as you want but two people can't share a $20.00 dinner. So for a $20.00 dinner you pay $24.00 and then they bring you out the food on one plate for you to split...Sounds like a way to pad a bill. Not only that but I normally come in with friends so it is not just two of us splitting a meal. Too bad they alienate their good customers with poor decisions. I wouldn't let this prevent you from trying their restaurant but I think this will help you decide where to go depending on how you eat...or at least let you know what to expect when you get your bill. By the way, I don't always share a dinner...only when someone I am with is eating something I want to pick on since I can't eat much. Quite often I will order my own meal and have to throw it out after eating leftovers for four days. Its a shame they just don't offer half orders instead of charging you for air.

• Visited March 2013