“No Loose TEA????” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 47 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British, Tea Room
“No Loose TEA????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The décor is perfect for a "tea room" with very nice, comfortable seating. I attended a shower there with about 20 other women some tea drinkers like myself. There were three china teapots on the table, each with a different unusual tea but delightful taste. My complaint is: why use teabags in a tea house, for the expense? The bags sat in the pot on the table the entire time "to strengthen the flavor". Well. I prefer the correct timing for specific teas to achieve the "CORRECT' flavor. The first item served was scones. They looked absolutely perfect; lightly browned and homemade. Every table noted the same compliant: VERY undercooked. I bake scones and know they are not difficult so how does this happen on every table???

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Charming surroundings, good food, gracious service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Recently had tea at Charlotte's with a good friend. We both ordered a salad, I also had a cup of soup. First, let's talk Tea. Charlottes offers Harney & Son's Tea. It is the best. Served in the pot for you to pour. This place is a diet breaker. Devoured the corn bread. The salads are large and well-prepared. The soup was excellent. This is a charming tea room and could have been lifted right out of Warwickshire England. Will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Tennessee
“a special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thank goodness for Charlottes tea room. It's wonderful for a relaxing and inexpensive quick bite after work. And it is wonderful for a real English tea and is my ace in the hole for getting my nieces to visit. All I have to say is " come , let's have tea" and they come from all over the tri state area. We have a gem in our community and I thank the owner Joanne for all of her hard work.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, New York, United States
“Repeat Offenders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Another lovely trip to Charlotte's! I have been there no fewer than 15 times, usually with a group of 6 or 8 and we have yet to be disappointed. Mary and Joanne treat us like family and the food and beverages are just what they should be in a tea room. The soup is always wonderful; as for being bland, as one reviewer stated, I and one other of our party like additional salt and pepper, our choice, and the rest find it perfect in it's own. Scones are always perfect. The assorted tea sandwiches are difficult to stray from, but if you can, try the panini or one of the salads. Take time to notice how well appointed the rooms are, and leave time to relax. It is delightful.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynbrook
“Just what you want”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

3 different rooms to choose from...self seating which makes it nice. We chose the Garden Room with lemon yellow walls and white accents, wrought iron seats with cushions and assorted tea services throughout. The butternut squash soup was delicious and filling, the tea for one plentiful and the assorted sandwiches fresh and interesting.
I want to bring other friends here to experience the ambience and to enjoy and afternoon in a well appointed Old Victorian Tea House.

• Visited January 2013