“Cute but not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Tea Room
Sparta, New Jersey
“Cute but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for lunch. The soup was a sweet potato and was a little bland. They serve some Harney and Sons tea, which are delicious. The atmosphere was adorable and perfect for a tea house. We enjoyed a beet salad with a cranberry scone. While the salad was really delicious, the scone was raw in the middle.

It's a cute place to visit but wasn't the best tea house I've been to.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greenville
“Always a Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I try to stop in at Charlotte's from time to time, but never get there as often as I'd like. I did, however, go there last Saturday. I love the assorted tea sandwiches so much that I find it difficult to order anything else. Although there is a fine selection of delicious other offerings. It's just that I feel I can order some of those things in other restaurants and there's not many places I can find truly excellent tea sandwiches. I almost always order the Tea for One (unless I meet someone and then we usually get the Tea for Two). Each sandwich is an epicurean delight in and of itself and collectively they are varied enough that you won't be bored. The last visit I enjoyed a pumpkin scone, which I assume is only seasonally available. I asked for lemon curd on the side because I love lemon curd and theirs is nice. I also had a cup of the curry pumpkin soup (also seasonal). It was the best thing I've had in a long time. I could easily have had a quart of it, but of course, I was saving room for the aforementioned, beloved tea sandwiches. Everything was so filling, I had to bring home most of the pumpkin scone and my dessert, which was happily packed up for me. The atmosphere is beautiful and the service can't be better. (Guy was my server the last two times.) If you want to take a step back in time and step out of the rat race for an hour or so, visit Charlotte's Tea Room. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hampton, NY
“Charlotte's never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After 4+ years of frequently enjoying Charlotte's Tea Room with various female friends and family members, I finally got my husband to accompany me! He was immediately impressed with the decor and the warm greeting of our waiter, Guy. Mary, my usual server and all around sweetheart, stopped at our table to meet my husband and spent some time chatting with us. Everyone in the place makes you feel like a valued customer as well as a friend!

When it came time to place our order, my husband left it up to me. I requested the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea knowing he would love it, and I wasn't wrong. He's not really a tea guy but I think I'm going to have to pick up some to make at home now. He kept mentioning how delicious it was! We split the Tea for Two, and at first he was skeptical that it would be enough food, but after all of the delicious sandwiches, Mary's amazing raisin scones, and dessert (he had the lava cake, I had the caramel apple pastry - both came with creamy vanilla ice cream) he was stuffed! That's quite a feat as he is 6'2" and 210 lbs and has a tremendous appetite! He thought everything was absolutely delicious and that the service was perfectly paced and very attentive without being smother-y. I was relieved because I wanted him to like Charlotte's just as much as I do! Now he understands my love of the place, and I don't think I'll have any trouble convincing him to go back with me!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A very charming place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Charlotte's is a very charming tearoom way up in Warwick, NY. It is a little off the beaten path but well worth the trip. It is a large victiorian house on a lovely estate with a large front lawn and wrap around porch. The rooms within are cozy and uniquely decorated. Each room had it's own charm. The food was delightful. Good choice of tea sandwiches and cookies and lovely cakes. The service was very friendly and responsive. At the time the cost was extremely resonable. Well worth the price. The town of Warwick is also very sweet. A substantial main street with lovely shops. We popped in and out of all the shops. It was a cold windy day but we enjoyed it anyway. It would be great on a warm sunny day. A very nice way to spend a sunday afternoon.

• Visited April 2011
NY
“A day out with the girls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been to Charlotte's Tea Room a few times, with family & friends. They have a very nice selection of tea and sandwiches. The staff always has good input on helping you make your selection. Never a rush, sit, relax and enjoy! Sitting outside on the porch on a nice day is a favorite.

• Visited September 2011