“My Date Night With Hubby at Conquito in Warwick, NY” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Harriman, New York
“My Date Night With Hubby at Conquito in Warwick, NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Coquito has a Modern NYC Flair and Energetic Vibe - not what we expected in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. We visited Coquito in Warwick on a Saturday night. We arrived at 9PM and the place was packed to the gills. While we did not have a reservation, we were greeted by a friendly welcome and seated promptly. We felt as if we had been transported to one of the best house parties - and just 25 minutes from home. This is a restaurant/bar/disco rolled up into a quaint little establishment. There were several large parties which I am sure contributed to delay in our food being served, but when the food did arrive it was excellent. The empanadas were the best I've tasted. The chocolatini's to die for.. We ate, danced and enjoyed eachothers company. Nice date date for 35 to 45's like us who enjoy great food, diverse music and dancing under one roof. We will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Westchester NY
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing restaurant, excellent food. Dined here with another couple and 2 children. The service was top notch. Excellent food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My son was home from LA and the whole family got together to celebrate his birthday. I found Coquito on tripadvisor. The menu was interesting so we gave it a try. Glad we did. The martini's were great, the sangria was tasty. We shared several different appetizers, the empanadas were especially good. Everyone truly enjoyed their entrees. I had the rice with chicken and chorizo and transported back to a time when my father's sister, Aunt Louise, would make this dish. It was as delicious as I remembered. The service was excellent, our waitress being both efficient and personable. We will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Very Rude!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to do our first overnight date night In Warwick and reviewed all the restaurants in the area. I decided on this one since it got such great reviews. I called on Thursday to see if we needed a reservation on a Saturday for 2 people (as I know they have a DJ) and the gentleman told me they had 2 seating times (I think 5 and 8:30) we wanted to come in at 7:00. He said it would not be a problem that they didn't have any large parties coming in and it wouldn't be a long wait, to sit at the bar and have a drink. That's fine with us! We walked there from our motel mind you, when we walked in a lady came up to us asking if we had a reservation when I said No but that I had called she rudely said "Things change by the hour, these people are here and are not leaving" and then walked away to the next couple waiting behind us!!! I couldn't believe how rude that was and the fact that I did my part in calling ahead. One thing about this place when you read the website is how much of a "family" place this is and when you're here you are treated like family. Well sorry I'm disowning this family!

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Music Made the Night Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband is new to this area and home on leave from overseas. It's Saturday night around 9PM and he says to me let's go out dancing...really? There isn't any place around these here parts and a drive into the city - at our age? Then I remembered hearing about Coquito... We got all dolled up and set the TomTom. Living on the Jersey side it was only 25 minutes. Pulling up to the place we had some doubts cause it looked tiny. We were pleasantly surprised!

At 10pm we were too late to order food sadly but we had delicious mojitos! A few of them!

The DJ was great, he played a lot of music from back in our day. We are both 47 and the music reminded us of our early 20's when we used to go clubbing. Then he played salsa/merengue and since we are both Puerto Rican this was a real treat as there aren't any places close by with this type of music. We had a lot of fun and can't wait to come back for dinner and bring our family and friends!

• Visited August 2013