“Just Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleepy Valley Inn

Sleepy Valley Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
Sleepy Valley Inn
You added Sleepy Valley Inn to your Saves list
117 Sleepy Valley Rd, Warwick, NY 10990   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Warwick B&B and Inns
New York
“Just Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here a night, to celebrate our anniversary. I really enjoyed the eclectic decor, and the breakfast provided by Yesterdays (more on that), but what really made our stay was the hot tub in our room. Upon meeting John, he gave us a free pass to the drive-in, but we never made it there, because that hot tub was a dream. Sitting in there with our glasses of wine from the nearby vineyard, our romantic getaway was made.

John and his wife Peggy, also own Yesterdays, the town pub. It was crowded, but fun and familiar. My boyfriend and I sat at the bar, and made fast friends with the other guests there. I've gotta say, I was really surprised by how good their calamari is - it's not that I was expecting a soggy appetizer or anything, it's just that I'd always been taught you can't find good calamari anyplace outside of an authentic Italian restaurant. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Peggy makes these apple bran muffins, that are out of this world. I really wish I'd gotten the recipe. They were a part of our breakfast this morning, which John served up for us this morning. He was so welcoming; a gracious host.

We're thinking about staying again in November, when that vineyard has its annual cider event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Franklin Square, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My fiancé and I were looking for a quiet place to be away from the crowds and this place provided it. The innkeepers were excellent they made us feel at home. It was a perfect getaway. They even treated us to a free drive in movie. I definitely will return.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

1. Great accommodations: TV, faux fireplace, elegant bathroom, clean and nicely decorated bedroom, and the common areas of the house have cute vintagey things that create a homey atmosphere.

2. Good location - Less than 10 minute drive to the center of Warwick Town. Yet located far enough away from the main drag that you feel like you're in the great outdoors.

3. Amazing Service - Peggy, the woman who owns the B&B, is SO friendly! She has a bubbly personality that immediately makes you feel like friends. She was very helpful, asking us what we wanted to do while we stayed here. She even let us use her season tickets for the Warwick Drive-In for free! Breakfast was very good too.

Overall, we just had a great time and will definitely be back again soon!

Oakdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on the recommendation of another couple, we went for a "Getaway Weekend" with two other couples. We had a wonderful time, John & Peggy make you feel right at home, Good food, fun, wonderful people, what more can you ask for. All this and only a couple of hours from home.; Can't wait to go back!! Thanks, Irene & Orlando

Room Tip: We stayed In a corner suite, very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Driving on the narrow and winding country road to the b&b, we began to have misgivings since it seemed far away. (It turned out to actually be a 3 minute car ride from center of town.) But upon pulling and being greeted by the female owner, we immediately felt at home. Simple, but clean, comfortable and decorated exactly as you would want an old-fashioned B&B to be.

Best feature: huge jacuzzi bath tub - great for the romantic getaway.

Also: good breakfast, free wifi, computer available in the "lobby" and a bunch of small touches that made it obvious this was a labor of love for our hosts - not just a way to make money.

Mount Royal, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was just a short trip to visit a friend, but I will stay longer the next time up. This little B&B is the best. Beautiful, clean rooms, comfortable bed, and an exquisite breakfast combined with the finest hospitality I could imagine. John and Peg are the best. They even made room under a covered area for my motorcycle!!!! Wonderful little place in the mountains for a comfortable, laid back quiet getaway and yet 2 minutes to downtown Warwick where you can eat and shop to you drop!!!! Dinner at Yesterday's in town was also a fantastic experience. No complaints at all. This is the standard that all hotels should strive for!!!!

Joe and Becky

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My Fiance' and I stayed here and it was wonderful and relaxing. The breakfast was delicious and filling. The room was comfortable. We loved the jacuzzi bath tub, and in the summer they offer tickets to the drive inn, which was a plus for me since I had never been to one! The location was secluded but close enough to most of the wineries. We enjoyed our stay and hope to return at some point.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleepy Valley Inn? Share your experiences!