“An absolute must!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Albany, New York
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was my first visit to this restaurant and I can't wait to go back. Everyone's meals were fantastic. I had the Scallop and Shrimp over pasta. My husband had the Lamb Chops, best I have ever tasted. They have a great wine list as well. We sat downstairs by the River and the view was amazing. It had rained and there was a beautiful rainbow right over the river. Note: there is no air conditioning and it was a little humid but it did not deter from our wonderful experience. If you are bothered by heat and humidity I would wait for another day.

Katonah, New York
“Amazing Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just a quick note to travelers in the Lake George / Bolton Landing / Warrensburg, NY area. Well known to locals, don't miss dinner at Grist Mill On The Schroon... I've eaten here at least 4 times, and it's always a "hit", never a "miss". Consistent and an great menu with something for everybody. This year I went for my birthday dinner with my family, including a 7 and 11 year old. Everybody cleaned their plates and loved watching the river running from the stunning view. Charming historical building, great bar and bar cocktails, good wine list and great service, it's a local treasure. 15 minutes from the village of Lake George and from Bolton Landing, it's well worth the quick drive. I don't usually do restaurant reviews, (and should keep this place a secret) but this place is really great, and they deserve acknowledgement. Make sure you make reservations in advance, especially if you want to eat around the 7 - 7:30 timeframe. This year, i couldn't get a reservation and left my name and phone number in case of a cancellation with a gentlemen named Chris. I was so disappointed, and he promised to call if anything came up. Low and behold, he kept to his word, and phoned me and offered me a table (for 7!)... thanks Chris, you made my birthday dinner - best ever! See you again before the summer's up!

Lois D'Uva

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Surprising restaurant in an out of the way place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife was the high bidder at a charity auction for a number of items including, but not limited to, two nights in Lake George and one night in Saratoga. The package had definite dates for the 7th, 8th and 9th of July. I kind of dreaded this trip as I had a lot of business issues before we left for Spain for three weeks on the 18th of July. Anyway, we had to look for a place for our daughter who lives with us and I to eat around Lake George, as we both are gluten intolerant. Not opting for Uno's or the 99 restaurant chain, I found this restaurant on a gluten free listing site. Besides being a really exceptional venue right besides some rapids on the Schroon River (which I had never heard of before), the food was very good. I had some Alaskan halibut that I thought was better prepared than when I had had it fresh out the water in Seward, Alaska. The prices were less than some waterside dining in Lake George the night before. The prices are comparable to decent restaurants in Boston where we come from but with a greater quantity of food than you would get there. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and we would recommend it for anyone who is not that price-sensitive looking for an excellent meal served in a very unique setting.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The restaurant setting on the fast flowing Schroon river is stunning. Both the food and the service was impeccable. This is my fourth visit in as many years and I have never been disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
saugerties,ny
“Beautiful restaurant on the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The gristmill is a very nice restaurant with great food. It was a little expensive but the portions were large and delicious. We sat next to the windows and the view of the schroon river was quite nice. It is best to make a reservation as it gets very busy during the dinner hours

Visited June 2013