“Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Double O Grill

Double O Grill
1536 Route 9, In Th Villasge of Wappimger Fslls, New York, Wappinger, NY 12590-4131
845-297-7625
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Double O Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Wappinger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Incredible deal for brunch! Lots to choose from, little tight when it got crowded but many places are. The most impressive point was the taste of the food..everything was excellent!

Danbury, Connecticut
“Bad Management practices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Business associates I was in town to see suggested we meet here for an early dinner, around 5:30pm on April 1, 2014. Because it was an off day for me, I was in jeans and a leather jacket. My associates, a male and a female were business dressed.

We ordered drinks at the bar and they were quite good. I had a Margarita, my associates had an Iced tea and the other a martini. Service was prompt and friendly. We ordered our food.

I had the Navajo wrap with salad greens. The greens were fresh and the dressing very good. However, the wrap was unpleasantly dry and smokey. It should be noted that only one other time have I ever sent food back to a kitchen and that was only to have a steak grilled a bit more. I'll eat anything put in front of me but not this wrap. The barmaid asked what was wrong and I said it just didn't appeal to me. She asked again, did it not taste good? I said it tasted like I imagine an ash stray would taste. She offered to bring me something else but I politely declined.

Two minutes later as I was talking with my associates, the manager Anthony came out with plastic gloves on and confronted me at the bar and in front of other diners. He said that I thought there might be a cigarette butt in the sandwich or something. I said I said no such thing and I thought what he was doing was inappropriate. (My mother ran a restaurant for 35 years and if there was an issue she would invite the customer into the kitchen or off to the side and make good on a bad situation. Never would she or anyone else ever confront and back a customer up against the wall so to speak, to resolve a situation. Especially in front of other customers.)

I told him I didn't want anything else. Only a fool would have said yes to his offer.

I finished my drink and left prior to my associates leaving.

This was the weirdest restaurant situation I've ever encountered in hundreds and hundreds of restaurant visits I've made. I would not recommend the place or any associated restaurants they may own.

Visited April 2014
New York, NY
“Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband, teenage son and I have been here many times over the years. The food and service are always reliable and good. But bring a sweater. Whether it is July or January it is always cold here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
hudson valley-ny
“Tight space with good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We haven't been here in a long time and glad we stopped in for dinner. There were 4 of us in a back booth that did not give us a lot of legroom. Other than that, the experience was good. The meals were all good, and served hot. Scallops, easy to mess up, were done perfectly and the gin and tonic was just right. Salsa with crusty bread was a good opener for the pre dinner nibbles while we waited for our orders to come.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were seated in the bar area and, at first, were a bit concerned that we were not in the dining area. No reason for concern since Amanda D took excellent care of us. The only issue was that she was not aware that they were out of the fish - but the shrimp scampi, although not the first choice, was excellent.

We both enjoyed a HUGE crock of Onion Soup (very good) and the entre other than the shrimp scampi was the BBQ Chicken Salad. Beautifully prepared salad and all FRESH and tasty ingredients from the Avacado to the salad greens themselves.

• Visited February 2014