“Nice beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Wantagh
Type: Beaches, State Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming, Golfing, Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers visitors seven miles of beach, two swimming pools, a boardwalk and games.
“Nice beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a very nice beach.
It turns out that its not too far away from Queens.
Traffic is not as terrible as we expected.

The beach is filled with families... Which I loved.
No questionable characters walking around. Just some teenagers...

No music allowed at this beach, so it's nice.

There are a BBQ area too, in the back of the parking lot.

There are also a swimming pool, but you need to pay additional fee which I find ridiculous because $10 is already a lot.

But overall, I was pleased with this beach

Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“For the average joe this by far the best beach on LI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have gone to jones beach for the last 60 years. It is still the best beach on the Island. Last week I took my grandson and son. Grandson just loved the waves and we all enjoyed putt-putt.

Ashland, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“WAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband is from Massachusetts, and thinks he knows about waves, until I brought him to the south shore of Long Island! While I know the water is the same, I like Jones Beach enough, but my preference is Robert Moses. Can't pinpoint anything specific, just seems less crowded..... maybe? We had a great afternoon - got there at 4:30pm, and stayed until 7pm - great time of day to go..............

Galway, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Jones Beach, worth the traffic to get there!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I headed down to Jones Beach from the Albany area for a day trip. My two children were seeing a concert, "Imagine Dragon" at the NIkon Center at Jones Beach, so we incorporated a day at the beach along with the concert. The drive from Albany, New York to Jones Beach horrendous. Once we crossed the Tapanzee Bridge I watched my life pass before more a dozen times in the tight, fast moving traffic. Once we got to the State Park, I was spent!!! On top of that, the day was dreary, drizzley and windy. Excitement started when we saw the monument at the round about!!! We parked our car a way down the dunes away from the Boardwalk at a practically deserted section of beach. It was amazing!!!!! The surf and sand brought me back to my childhood vacations on the Cape! Now, I have seen many East Coast beaches, and most cannot do that!!! Even in the drizzle, we walked and walked and walked!!! I so want to go back on a nice day, albeit there will be a crowd, but that could add to the experience!!!

Visited July 2013
Levittown
3 attraction reviews
“fun day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

beautiful sand beaches,boardwalk, organized activities both day and night. giant stadium for name performers. Easy to reach by parkway and plenty of parking

Visited July 2013