“back after 4 years” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Shoreham, New York
“back after 4 years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

it was great,service, food, ambiance.
had a delicious Rib Eye cooked perfectly..fabulous wine list,by the glass..great desserts.we will be back,after leaving it alone for the last 4 years,when we did not enjoy it.
It has changed,been updated and Cassandra runs a good house.
We enjoyed our meal..and evening

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ridge, NY
“One word... AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've been dining here regularly for over two years and now I'm finally taking the time to write a review so all the newcomers can know what they are missing out on. It's a small, quaint little restaurant tucked away in Wading River with a chef/owner whose personality is larger than life as he sings and dances his way through the dining room when he's not personally greeting you with handshakes and hugs at the front door. At the table, the service is attentive, warm, and friendly. After the first couple of visits they treat you not like a regular, but as one of their family. Onto the main attraction... THE FOOD!!! Ignore the bad review of the calamari for starters. You're a fool if you don't get it. It's one of the staple dishes on the menu that never has and never will change. I eat it at least once a week and is the best and most unique around. The mussels in their giant bowl are a never fail treat no matter how they are prepared. The hanger steak is marinated to perfection and is so tender. The chicken airline is always juicy and the bacon topping it has on this menu is heavenly. As for the mushy eggplant lasagnette that one reviewer wrote... well I hate eggplant. So to prove that he could change my mind, the owner sent out a little sample one night. I LOVED IT. His is the only eggplant I'll be able to eat til the day I die. One last tip. If you're full at the end of the meal, get a dessert to-go. All homemade and all so rich and delectable

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miller Place, New York
“SOOOO disapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I went for the FOOD and left with disapointment. We started with the Sesame Calamari on mix greens & cilantro soy dressing. The dish was swimming in liquid resulting in the waiter spilling it on the table and not even seeing it. Additionally, it made the "crispy" calamari, soggy...ok flavor though. The salad was ok (not saying much) We moved onto the Hand-Cut Pasta lamb ragout & olive oil. The Lamb was tender and somewhat flavorful but the pasta was too thick and flavorless. My Husband ordered the Eggplant Lasangette ricotta, grandma’s sauce. The Eggplant was MUSH and grandma's sauce must have come out of a jar...not sure where the ricotta was. The waitress recommended the Bourbon Ribs with cherry sweet potato & seared broccoli rabe for my entree. The ribs were so dry I could barely get them off the bone and was emersed in some kind of sauce. Go to La Plage or Amarelle

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

we went for the first time on sat night mussels great / steak great but the service was terrible we ordered a bottle of wine ordered our apps and dinner no bread came right away over a half hour for our apps by this time bottle of wine gone no one came to say they were sorry then diner came another long wait the dessert they forgot about us ...... i know they were busy but if you want returning customers please make them feel at home ......

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious food, close to BNL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My colleague and I decided we needed to try a new restaurant after visiting Brookhaven National Labs for years and eating at the same 5 restaurants. After a google search of restaurants in Wading River (15min from BNL) I stumbled upon Michael Anthony's. I called to ensure they were open in the "off" season, and was encouraged to make a reservation (it was a Friday Night). When we arrived, the atmosphere was great, there were people at the bar and live music.

Our service was outstanding, the waitstaff were all very friendly and pleasant and didn't rush you through your decision when reading over the menu and offered thoughtful insight into the different dishes.

The food....the food was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! The bread basket has 3 different types of bread which compliments their 3 different spreads perfectly. And then they brought out a small fruit and vegetable salad with a tasty vinaigrette. Next we had a simple olive bowl that was overflowing with spicy olives. My colleague had the potato and leek soup that was outstanding and seasoned perfectly. I had the gnocchi with veal bolognese...seasoned perfect, very tasty, and just the right portion.

For dessert my colleague had an apple cinnamon tea that came out in the cutest little kettle and was accompanied with 2 cookies, one almond, one vanilla. I had the Michael Anthony's sundae...it was a HUGE bowl of french vanilla ice cream (about 5 scoops!!) topped with creamy hot fudge and caramel, and delicious cripsy toffee.

The atmosphere was great, it was enjoyable to watch the chef greet not only customers that he knew well, but also those just enjoying their delicious meal. The decor was nice with a semi-beachy feel to it. The musician was great, and the sound didn't overpower the dining room.

At the end of the meal we were given an envelope that we can use on our next visit, it has either coupons for a gift certificate, 10% off our meal, or a free appetizer. We will be SURE to return to this unexpected find on our next trip to BNL.

• Visited March 2012