“perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
west islip,new york
“perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Another great La Plage experience. I am picky! Give me smaller portions worth eating and I am a happy camper. Would I go on a Saturday night in July? Not a chance. Tonight, I had a perfect leisurely meal with the locals. Such a nice crowd. It's a 45 minute drive w/o traffic for us but so worth it. Aside from the mussels, go for the specials. I did. Salad, entree and desert. The staff are lovely. Oh I love this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miller Place, New York
“Dining al Fresco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Reservations were for 8:00 pm...so dining under the stars was a perfect accompaniment to our delicious dinner. We started with the cheese platter (clearly explained and accented by appropriate "spreads") The tomato salad w/ Haricots was garden fresh and large enough to share. The Beef carpaccio was smoky and flavorful. on to dinner....the Pappardella Pasta had a bit too many Mussels in relationship to the rest of the ingrediants. the Filet Mignon with potato puree was PERFECT! The Veal Chop w/ Lobster Cream Sauce, Gnocchi and asparagus was tasted by all and ENJOYED by all! The Pan Roasted Branzino could have been a bit fresher. Our guest wanted the local fish but they were sold out. Overall, the meats were better than the fish dishes and dining al Fresco was a lovely way to enjoy a beautifuly evening.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wading River, New York
“Return for anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent service and food. We had wine (me the Rhone, my wife the merlot), salads (me the tomato salad, my wife the beet salad), entrees (me the filet mignon, best I ever had, my wife the crusted swordfish), desserts (me the 3 scoops of homemade ice cream, my wife the apple pie).
As it was Labor Day, the restaurant was quite busy, but the service was timely and polite. The food was well presented. I don't understand the previous review, must have been a bad day for those people.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York
“"LA LOUSY" a dreadful experience.............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

More like "La Crappy".The help were helpless. Our waitress Knew nothing about cuisine nor wine. The staff was disheveled looking and one in particular appeared to have laundered her top in a cat litter box. I would watch as a watress cleared the only other table depositing those plates
most likely into a pail behind the building and return immediately with our entrees. I ordered Veal chops with Panko bread crumbs and my wife ordered Patato encrusted Halibut. The fish was old and "not fresh" and presentation didn't exist. My 2 veal chops were small and tough and swimming in a tasteless water like sauce. Presentation was awful but to be fair nothing could
elevate this crap! Oh yes the place described by Zagat in a 2008 review could not have been further from the truth about this disgusting and outrageously overpriced train reck.

Visited August 2012
Wading River, New York
“On the WR Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We (four of us) had dinner at Laplage on May 2nd. All of us were satisfied with our meals and drinks. We had salads and entrees and all were quite good and well presented. The service was also excellent. The prices are a bit on the high side, but worth it for our special day. Not a restaurant i would go to weekly, but definitely for special occasions.

Visited May 2012