“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Victor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oneida, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Upon check in, we walked up the stairs to our room and found the second floor smelling strongly of marijuana. After dropping our bags off, we let desk know about smell and he immediately went to check it out. We went to the casino for a few hours and came back to a group of young adults, maybe college age, drunk in the parking lot walking in the door. It appeared they may have been returning from a wedding. My wife and walked in the lobby door behind the group of five people and watched one of them fall to the ground and just layed there. The overnight girl had heard them all walk in bringing her to the desk from the back office area. The guy on the floor was laying on his back saying how hammered he was and his friends left him there. We went to the vending machine and wandered through the breakfast room all while this guy was still laying on the floor and the desk clerk ignoring him. We went to our room for the night and the pot smell was no longer evidentin the hall. When we woke the following morning, their was a dead bedbug on our sheets directly under where I had slept all night. This obviously freaked out my wife and made us both very uncomfortable. I placed the bug in a cup and brought it down to the desk. In order to not make a scene or disrupt other guest sitting in the lobby eating breakfast, I asked the desk clerk to speak to her privately. She came to the office door and after seeing the bedbug in the cup asked me inside. The desk clerk aparently was the General Manager and explained to me that she could not be 100% sure it was a bedbug until she had her pest company look into it but that they would not be charging me for the night. I had used 16 or 18000 of my wyndham rewards points for a free night stay that evening anyway so I was not looking for money back but have to say no one should expect to pay for any room with bedbugs. My problem with this entire exchange was that the GM seemed to be too familiar with the problem but unequiped to solve it. She informed me that she had my contact information and would be contacting me with results of pest inspection or reimbursement. (She was unclear ss to why, but she would be contacting me and that I would receive my points back) When we were leaving the hotel we found a half empty beer bottle next to our car door and a flat driver front tire. (possibly caused by the drunks from the night before?) After asking the GM where we could get a flat repaired, we went to Sears and paid $20 for flat repair. They put the tire in a dunk tank and found no signs of a leak, meaning the air most likely was intentionally let out of the tire. It is now 13 days since my stay and I am disgusted. Not because we found a bedbug, not because the smelly hall, not because the overnight clerk was ignoring a drunk laying on the floor on the other side of the counter, not because someone let the air out of my tire, but instead because I sit here 13 days later with no contact from the hotel and still no refund of my wyndhak rewards points. While most of the problems I had during my stay may be unique or rare, the way the problems were handled show a complete lack of institutional control.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Litchfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was the smallest room I have ever had at a motel. But the location and cleanliness made up for it. We are returning as we have family in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham here in Beutiful Victor, NY. I am so pleased we have met your expectations and provided you with a good place to sleep and revive. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area and know we will do the same. Thank You again.
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We often stay in Microtels when travelling in the States, so this was very disappointing. The room stank of smoke and was dirty...cake crumbs on a chair and the floor, bathroom dirty, rugs and walls dirty. we asked for a another room and this was sooooo musty smelling. Hallway rugs were filthy. The nice lobby fools you when you come in. The girl at the desk was pleasant and refunded our money so that we could go somewhere else. Definitely could not have stayed there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions of our Hotel located in beautiful Victor, NY. I would like to apologize for your recent stay. We do take great pride in providing excellent cutomer service to our guests and would like your stay to be as comfortable and accomodating as possible. I will be addressing the issues you have stated in your review and I do hope you come and stay with us again in the future. Thank you once again.

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!