“Terrible stay at a Microtel in Victor, NY” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Victor
MONTROSE
“Terrible stay at a Microtel in Victor, NY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was so so. When we checked in the lady didn't tell us we wouldn't be able to get points for our stay as she took down our Wyndham Rewards number. As far as our room, the rug was filthy and the airconditioner had a stinky odor. The bed was okay. There was no coffee maker. We ran out of toilet paper and tissues. Had to get more. They said there was some fruit and coffee available throughout the day and night. The apples were starting to shrivel and the oranges were almost rotted. One had mold on it. We told the receptionist about it and she said maybe they didn't get to check them that day. They were that way for our entire stay. The continental breakfast wasn't that great either. There was a selection of dry cereal, oatmeal (You had to get water from the faucet, chlorine loaded water, put it in a coffee cup that you had to hunt for in the cabinets, then put it in the microwave to make the oatmeal. Pastry, bagels and english muffins left little to be desired, didn't feel fresh. Juice was watered down. When we checked out we were told we couldn't get any Wyndaham Rewards nor could we get a receipt. We asked for a number to contact Wyndham Customer Service and they told us to call 1-800-Wyndharesorts. You know that not right. We told them most phone #'s are 10 digit. The lady coped an attitude. Not very friendly people. After continuing to try to get a number she finally gave us a brochure with an 800# on it. We will probably stay at the nearby Best Western or other hotel next time we need a hotel in Victor, NY. Certainly woun't be he Microtel. Probably won't ever stay at another Microtel in the future. Wyndaham has lowered their standards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
DELMAR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Convenient location, very clean accommodations and quiet hotel. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

TORONTO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was full of dust, on counter tops, it was plainly visible. The bed was very uncomfortable. Location is great, right off highway, plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Long day of travelling. Arrive at hotel with my daughter and friend. Friend needs his own room. Made reservation a few hours earlier direct with hotel. Hotel mistakenly puts my reservation number on friend and deletes my reservation altogether. When I arrive, they argue with me that I didn't make the reservation or I cancelled it. I had to print off the reservation (they wouldn't look at screen) and show them that I did have a reservation. They continued to say that I didn't and that they were going to help me "anyway". It was AWFUL. Then they tried to upcharge me and then they tried to put the reservation on my friend's card instead of mine. It was inept and my friend, daughter and I were badly treated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Hampton Falls, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is probably the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in! I stayed here in 2007 and it was very clean. Don't think it's been cleaned since. The whole place is non-smoking, but it reeks of stale cigarettes when you walk into the building. The room was worse! The a/c unit was turned way up when we arrived. It was like walking into a refrigerator. The next day we left it on a more reasonable temperature and it smelled like an ashtray when we got back in the evening. The staff didn't clean the room; no trash was thrown away, water left in the ice bucket was not dumped. Bathtub was not very clean, I picked up a little athlete's foot. The only thing good I can say is that it didn't have bedbugs or cockroaches. Also, the price charged was more than the price promised.

Room Tip: All the rooms with two beds are on the side next to the highway... RIGHT next to the highway!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to writing this review. I apologize about your most recent experience. We did go non smoking in January of 2011. It is unfortunate when guest's disregard this policy and would rather be fined for doing so. I appreciate you bringing up your concerns. If there is anything that I can do personally to rectify these issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you for your time.
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We recently (Aug. 2012) stayed 5 nights while in town for a wedding. We found Microtel Inn in Victor clean and a good value. The room is very small, lighting is not good and no comfortable chair would be my only complaints. We had an upgraded room with frig & micro which we used both, happy to have those at a small additional price. We requested early cleaning on the morning of the wedding so we would have time to get ready and that was no problem. The contenintel breakfast is very basic but adequate, area small for a alot of people. Service friendly and excellent there. Desk was friendly and helpful, well trained.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, ON Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This Microtel Inn Rochester / Victor feels like all other hotels of the same brand: non-smoking facilities, relatively new buildings, room of decent size, bench / day-bed at the window, queen-size beds, decent continental breakfast, and reasonably priced. For most other hotels, the front desk staff will ask for the credit card to confirm the reservation, but this Microtel at Victor asked and collected my driver licence info .... which seems to violate the state privacy law. And it was not great to have a unplesant smell in the bathroom - like some leftover urine odour not properly disinfected. And the breakfast area is relatively small (6 tables only), with limited food varieties offered .... but a lady was taking care of everything efficiently and adequately. If you don't want to climb the stairs, ask for a room on the main floor as the hotel does not have elevators. All in all, this is still a decent Microtel Inn, and conveniently located off I-90.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!