“Nice from outside but disapointing inside” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Victor
toronto
“Nice from outside but disapointing inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Like a chocolate that looks good on the outside but bite in and oh!. Said hotel had been renovated in 2011. Certainly exterior had been been by looks but thay must have missed our room and the old hallways carpet. I've stayed in larger cruise ship state rooms than this. Bed was rock hard and uncomfotable and hair was all over sheets and duvet. I can understd one or two from a maid but that wasn't the case here. Tiles were cracked on floor in bathroom and tub a little unkempt. Very noisy by Hwy but we expected that.
Staff were friendly and breakfast was OK. 93$incl tax certainly doesn't buy you much here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We appreciate your response. We are continuously renovating the property. We are aggressively attacking our 99 rooms with this process. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have just recently purchased all brand new HD Flat screen TV's and pillow top mattresses for the rooms. I am pleased to hear the staff made you feel welcome. This is a very positive reflection of how we treat people as they are staying at their home away from home. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had to a chance to book this property in preparation for an overnight (just two nights ago) stay prior to my daughter's graduation from SUNY Brockport the next day (about 40 minutes away). My stay was easy, convenient, and the Microtel met my expectations in every way. I had reserved my stay with a Credit Card so when I arrived very late after a long drive, my room was reserved and waiting for me. Parking was available and well lit, and the property was quiet. My room was small but I had ample room even with a Queen-sized bed. The bathroom was clean and everything was stocked and fresh. Provided were 2 soaps, and a Shampoo/Conditioner travel size bottle. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. In the morning, the breakfast had muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, cereals, juices and coffee. I grabbed a couple of small oranges since I was attending a graduation breakfast later that morning. The coffee was hot, and pretty decent. My check-out was very quick. Even though, I had issues securing the AAA rate online during booking, the clerk at the desk gave me the discount. I don't expect to be in that area again, but if I did, I would stay here, and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful weekend for the Brockport graduation and we could be a special part of it! If you happen to be traveling in the area again, stop in and say hi! Enjoy your summer!
new holland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stay in middle to low end motels all the time. The lady was rather snappy behind the counter, the price was on top side of what I thought reasonable and the next morning I go to take shower and there is a huddle of hair in the drain. On check out the clerk properly asked me if I used the safe and refunded the safe charge. Kudos to him. I've never been asked that before.

And this is a smokefree motel and they don't like trucks.

Room Tip: Rooms are rather small. Look first if you're picky.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I apologize if your check in came across as snappy. We tend to take great pride of our prices, cleanliness, and service. The hair in the tub is not of the norm. Thank you for bringing this to my/our attention. I am glad to hear that your check out was honest and efficient. We are constantly renovating, and are happy to announce the arrival of our brand new HD Flat screen TV's for the rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting our daughter in East Rochester. The location is convenient to the Interstate. This is an older property, and I would say it's showing it's age a bit (but then, so am I!). A little brightening would not hurt here, with fresh paint and carpet. However, I must emphasize that the hotel was clean and quiet. There's a huge Planet Fitness next door. It's perfect for a short stay. We will be here again later this year, so that's the best recommendation we can give!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us! Your feedback is very important to us!
Clifton Park NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My expectations were low for the price but I was extremely satisfied. It was Clean freshly decorated, quiet, nice linens, comfortable bed and the staff was very helpful, outgoing and friendly. Breakfast was not extravagant but it was plenty to choose from. I will stay here again when I go to visit Nazareth college and RIT. I gave an ecellent rating because for this category they deserve it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bradford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Profile: mid-40s couple in area for wedding.

My husband and I planned to stay in a more upscale hotel but didn't make a reservation early enough and elected to stay at the Microtel as many of our group attending the wedding had booked here and they had rooms available.

Considering the other hotel was $158 and this hotel was $55, I considered the hotel to be a very good deal. The hotel was clean. The room was fine - perhaps a tad small (which was expected considering the name) but we were pleased with the service, room, and value.

It was close to a nearby (large) mall as well that made it convenient.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay! It is so important that we hear back from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you!
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

This was our 4th visit to the Microtel in Victor NY. (Saturday November 19th)
As always it was clean, neat and quiet. There was no smoke ordors in the room and for sure there are no bed bugs. The folks who wrote the review to say that there were bedbugs must have stayed at another hotel. Do not let their comments deter you - there are no bedbugs at this hotel
As the name indicates, the rooms are small, but they are clean and neat. This is not a 3 or 4 star hotel but it is clean.
You cannot beat the great price - great value for your money!
Staff very helpful. Free breakfast was good.
I highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your kind words and hope to keep meeting your expectations!

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!