“Overpriced for what you get” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a second location of Warfield's. Warfield's Clifton Springsd is on Tripadvisor. However, High Point is not listed, High Point is a completely different theme and menu from the other location. It is a very unique restaurant.
Horley, United Kingdom
“Overpriced for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you're on a diet and don't want to eat much, this is the place to go. But, wait till you see the bill. The menu is very limited, and the prices for what you get very high. When we went, the service was just fair. We didn't get our bread until after the salad was served, and then only for my wife. Evidently, they ran out. My wife's fish was completely dry; no sauce on it at all. My lobster pieces were okay, but nothing to rave about. We don't intend to go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsford, NY
“Tasting menu scores again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We did an early Mother's Day dinner and chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. The May selections featured fresh peas (the soup and vegetable plate was superb). Another beet plate showcased several interesting preparations, but the pork belly stole the show. The pairings were good, but seemed to emphasize subtlety over bold flavors. Even the Shooting Star pinot was more refined than I prefer, but overall, they matched the plates well. Already looking forward to the next excuse to dine there. A side note - the bread is truly delicious, and available for sale at Warfield's Clifton Springs location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
rochester ny
“This was the best dining experience I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First to clarify some confusion there are two Warfield's restaurants, the original location in Clifton Springs and Warfields High Point which is located across from Eastview Mall way up on the hill on the first floor of the Constellation Brands building.

My girlfriend and I went to High Point and had the 5 course tasting menu. You can get it without the wine pairings, but I strongly suggest you include the wine, as we found the vino selections to be delicious and on par with their amazing cuisine.

Our first course was a Rose' wine from Spain I believe, served with cold asparagus & pea soup- on the side there was chilled lobster, hearts of palm, sugar snaps and this little prosciutto wafer that added a nice salty bacon flavor to the course. It was incredible and fresh. Great start.

Next they paired a French Savignon Blanc with a nice piece of crusted Halibut on pancetta with fiddleheads (I thought that would be a great name for a band). Amazing flavor. The wine had some nice grapefruity, pear notes happening. Great call by the chef. At this point they're 2 for 2, I'm feeling warm from the wine, my girlfriend is looking amazing, and I still have 3 more courses to go. It was clearly the best moment of 2013 for me.

Next was a California Pinot Noir with pork cheek. It was on a grits biscuit with green peppercorn jus and garlic. I remember Barry our server saying it was young garlic, which apparently must be better than old garlic or they wouldn't say it. We laughed about that one. The pork had sort of a coat-your-mouth glaze to it, super tender, lots of flavor. The pinot was delicious I can still taste it. Damn.

Next they brought out this really earthy Cali Red Zin with that awesome blackberry nose paired with a perfectly cooked slice of lamb saddle with polenta. All the dishes were incredible, but i have to say I would put this against any plate in the world. I was blown away.

The last course was a dessert with a port wine with a chocolate waffle type thing. Nice touch to finish the meal, I was still in shock from the whole experience but I remember it being great, and just the right amount of food and wine.

The Bad: I'd be more specific with the wines for you but they don't have a wine list on their website for High Point. I find this to be lazy and unacceptable for a place with such top notch food and service. I like to scope out a list ahead of time, maybe read some reviews and ratings on their wines. Their website is pretty lame overall, which is why I wrote such a detailed review of the meal, to urge you to try this place.

Just remember its, uh....not cheap. But worth it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food was amazing. My only comment is that the location and atmosphere could be better. They are connected to an office building with makes it odd. The bar area was empty but I will still be going back again because the food, wine and service were otherwise perfect..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice dinner experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice dining experience that is hard to come by in this area. Fine dining with good service. The food was fresh and the presentation unique and interesting. Very accommodating to the guests different food likes/dislikes during a tastings dinner. Overall, very enjoyable.

Visited March 2012