“The steak was good, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Victor, New York, United States
“The steak was good, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently visited Longhorn Steakhouse for the first time. It was really average. The steak was good, my friend said that the chicken was also good, but the ribs were very dry. The baked sweet potatoes were phenomenal, the mixed seasonal vegetables were surprisingly tasty, but the drinks were not so good. We tried the white peach sangria, which basically was like drinking a glass of peach juice (not a hint of wine could be detected). One of us ordered a glass of red wine, which was starting to turn. Overall, it was a decent experience, but we have no desire to rush back. Next time we'll just grill a steak at home and make our own sangria.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Upstate New York
“Hey -- this place is great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our first time at LongHorn Steakhouse today for a late lunch. We'd never been to this particular chain and were acute surprised with our entire experience. The lobster and shrimp fondue dip was delicious - cheesey, hot, very flavorful. I ordered the shaved prime rib sandwich which was topped with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese. Oh yumm!!! Wonderful flavors and I'd order it again in a heartbeat! Hubby ordered the Renegade sirloin steak and it came out cooked perfectly. A side of the grilled onions and mushrooms were the perfect addition. Our son ordered the Flo's filet and lobster tail. The lobster tail was a very generous size (much larger than I anticipated!) with a nice sized filet. The filet was a bit closer to medium rare than medium but our son ate every single bite! Our waiter truly couldn't have been better and we tipped him well -- he deserved every cent! It was busy and he made certain to take good care of us. We are quite picky when we go to restaurants and having lived in the area for many many years and having visited the other nearby restaurants, this LongHorn Steakhouse is absolutely the best of them all. We can't wait to go back!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the prime rib butterfly cut and it melted in my mouth. I simply love the sweet potatoes and their hot bread.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa
“Good steak, surprisingly NOT expensive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nice place.
I had the best steak I've had in a long while.
Looking forward to go back and try other cuts.

Visited February 2013
Victor, ny
“Great steak. Good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best steak I've had in ages. Fork tender. Cooked exactly as I asked. Can't remember what wife had but she was very satisfied and she is picky. Service was excellent. Got a gift card for Christmas which covered part of check but check was reasonable anyway for the quality of the meal. Atmosphere was to my liking. Relatively quiet. My biggest complaint is that most chains frequented by the younger crowd are VERY noisy. Seems the youth equate noise with a time out. This restaurant was nice considering the number of people there at the time. So, all in all, a very good dinner out.

• Visited January 2013