“Phenomenal breakfast buffet at incredible price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night
Syracuse, NY
“Phenomenal breakfast buffet at incredible price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I was hesitant to eat at a buffet because I never eat enough to justify the price usually. Well at $11.50 this was THE best breakfast I've had, hands down. I frequent a lot of diners, and they usually have better food than any Denny's or Cracker Barrel, and this place blew even the best diners away. We visited on a Sunday morning around 10 AM after an overnight. There was no line and the place was immaculate.

The omelet was the best I've ever had - chuck full of veggies and cheese. It probably weight 5 lbs on its own! They had everything you could imagine, waffles, gravy, biscuits, pancakes, eggs, omelet station, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, bagels, donuts...you get the point. Any b'fast food you could think of was out, fresh and hot.

The service was top notch too. As soon as we sat down the server came over to get our drink order. Very polite and checked back on us quite a few times to make sure everything was good and to re-fill our coffee.

I live about 40 minutes from Turning Stone and am thinking about driving back there when the weather gets nicer just to eat there!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

We've dined at the Turning Stone buffets since 1999.

The food is very good, and is a good value.

I had breakfast today at the Season's Harvest. It was delicious!!! The omlet was made to perfection, by Steve. The homemade waffle was light and crispy. The sausage and bacon were properly cooked, fresh and good quality. The fresh fruits and yogurt were great. The granola had soy beans added as a new touch. Interesting and good. My husband loves the weekend salmon on the buffet. There are many other items that I did not eat: donuts, cookies, pancakes, french toast, fruit toppings, grilled ham, eggs benedict, oatmeal, homefries, toast, bagels, canned fruits, cereals, whipped toppings, juices, grapefruit and condiments for the salmon.

I especially like this buffet because several items are authetically homemade. You can watch the preparation at several stations. For breakfast, they are pouring fresh batter to make the pancakes and waffles. The same grills are used later in the day to cook up fresh Mexican foods. (I very often complain about any restaurant or buffet that merely heats up canned or frozen food. If I want canned or frozen, I can fast cook it myself. The TS buffet has real homemade taste sensations.)

Weekend breakfast is $11 and includes beverage. This is a fair price for the quality of what is offered. Considering how expensive the overall resort experience is and can be, this price is very reasonable.

We have eaten both the dinner and lunch buffets, and the special holiday buffets. (Can't remember all the prices. They have actually lowered the prices within the last year, maybe $16 for lunch and $18 or $20 for dinner? Husband usually uses his comps for the meal.)

We like to sit on the patio in the atrium. It is a long walk from the patio to the buffet, we take the ramp not the stairs, and we don't mind the walk. It is bright on the patio and entertaining to watch the people as they come and go. Sometimes, there is a woman who plays piano in the atrium very near to the buffet patio. She is very good.

The waitresses and waiters have ALWAYS treated us well and are attentive to us in every way.

Once, I questioned the Sous chef about a procedure that I did not agree with. He gave me the e-mail for the person in charge of decision making. We corresponded several times, discussing the issue. The procedure that I did not agree with was discontinued.

I have eaten at other casinos' buffets... and I complain about how bad the others are, especially in contrast to this good one at Season's harvest.

We eat at this buffet restaurant 3 - 5 times per month. Only once did I not enjoy the meal. On that occasion, it was extremely busy. Otherwise, we've enjoyed probably 500+ meals at the TS buffet in the last ten years.

New York State
“Very disappointed with public relations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My wife and I have been going to the Seasons Harvest buffet for several years as many times as twice a week. Sometimes the food is not hot enough , but you can pick and choose. A couple days before Valentines Day my wife and I went to this restaurant. My wife had the asian soup with fish. From that night on she was very sick with food poisoning. I called the manager "Susan" and left a message with my concerns. Five days later, I have not received a call and still waiting. It's extremely bad management and public relations when they don't even care enough to follow up. We will never go back!!!!!!

New York
“Good buffet, but not consistantly exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

A good buffet, but don't drive out of your way for it.. with cost of gas a great restaurant closer to you will be a better choice. If you are in the area, would like a big meal, and have some time to sit and sample the many choices, then it would make sense to stop and try this one out. I've been a few times - one time they had roast duck in the chinese section of the buffet and it was great! Other times they haven't had duck and the experience was OK.. (but once you've tried the duck there you will be a little disappointed if they don't have it again when you go.)

Turning S, Guest Relations Manager at Seasons Harvest Buffet, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed Seasons Harvest, and our fabulous roast duck. We hope you visit us again!
pa
“Don't ever change a thing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2006

Have eaten here many times and each time seems to get better. The food is Outstanding(lunch or dinner). What fine presentation and get variety. If you could only eat alittle of all of it. Have tryed many Buffets from Vegas to A/C but this is the Best you will ever find. And did I mention the price(very,very reasonable). Travel to Turning Stone at least once a month and it is so hard to pick a place to dine each time, for all their dining facilities are so Great.