“smell in room 560” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Turning Stone

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Verona
Inn at Turning Stone
5558 W. Main Street, Verona, NY 13478   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Verona B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“smell in room 560”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

It was our first visit here for 3 days and when we got there they gave us a room facing the highway and there was too much noise so we ask for another room and they gave us 560 facing the parking lot. This room has a very bad smell to it. It was the day after the heat wave and what saved us was that we turn off the air conditioner and left the window wide open all night. We ask the housekeeper what the smell was in the room and she said she did not know but would put some air freshener which help a little bit and she said we also go down and ask for another room. It was noisy in the hall and the room next to us for awhile but then it calm down. No soundproofing in this Inn. Besides that the room was very clean and comfortable. Shuttle was very convenient. Good value if you get a good room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were actually in the Verona area to visit family and friends, not to gamble. We booked three nights at the Inn for $80/night. We weren't expecting much going in, but the hotel still failed to meet our low expectations.

I understand it's a no-frills type place, but I was disappointed that the Inn didn't have any kind of fitness center, let alone a pool. The continental breakfast was probably the least appetizing one I've had since I last stayed at an offramp roach motel in the middle of nowhere. If you're just looking for a place to crash when you're finished gambling, I guess the Inn at Turning Stone is fine. The room was reasonably clean, though the bed was rather uncomfortable. I had forgotten just how much smaller a double bed was than a queen, so my wife and I had two relatively restless nights before we gave up, checked out early, and spent a night in the Adirondacks instead. If you have a few extra dollars, go stay at the Marriott down the road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

After spending 3 nights in room 521 I felt as if I was in a no name motel. When we checked into our room you could immediately tell it was previously a smoking room. Tried to let fresh air in but it didn't help. I was informed they were booked solid nothing else could be done. On Thursday afternoon when we returned our room it appeared to be cleaned but no towels were replaced. On Friday night upon returning we had towels but nothing else was done. Old towels still present, garbage still full and bed's where never even touched! As for outside sound you could hear the ice machine all night and the worst part was I could hear the gentlemen in the room next door snoring. Never again will I return...

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My fiance and I stayed for 2 nights for a wedding. The room was ok, bed was comfy (3 small soft pillows), a table and 2 chairs, a nice flat screen tv, and mini fridge. The bathroom was small and a little dirty. The hair dryer had someone's hair stuck in it, gross. There was water on our floor (hopefully from someone cleaning the tub?!?). The free breakfast was as expected. There was a waffle maker which was great, except when a line formed for it. They kept everything stocked, fresh coffee, lots of creamers, milk, juice, cereal, yogurt, breads and bagels. The free shuttle to the casino was very convenient. They say it will show up in 5 minutes but it's more like 10-15 which I was fine with but some other patrons were not. You can get the shuttle back to the Inn by going to the valet at the casino. Also you are able to use the sister resort's pool, had we know we would have brought our suits. I would probably stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly service when checking in. Spent night in room 504 on 1st floor. Spotless and very nice. Hotel is all non smoking. There was no truth to any lingering smells. I am a light sleeper and had no issues with noises. Nice breakfast room. Very pleasant stay and would go back again. One small complaint, the pillows were a little too soft for my likings.

Stayed March 2012
TS_Management, Manager at Inn at Turning Stone, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn at Turning Stone. In early March we did convert the Inn to 100% non-smoking. We are so pleased to hear all of the positive feedback we've been receiving from our guests, yours included!
We also wanted to let you know that, as part of our continued improvements and renovations, that very soon our beds will have a fresh new look (including new pillows!)
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We look forward to having you back again!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Nice, clean room - we were right off the lobby. Walls are a bit paper thin, but location and price is worth it. Breakfast in the morning is your typical boxed donuts, breads, english muffins, cereals, yogurt, oj, cranberry juice and coffee. Shuttle to the casino is nice on off-peak times, at peak times (think dinnertime) we had to have the front desk call 3 times for the shuttle - after 30 min it finally arrived. All other times it was less than 10 min wait. TV is your typical cable channels. Nice big bathroom - i loved having a cabinent i could slip my makeup bag into & close the door instead of having it sit all out. Bed was big and comfy.

I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator to 2nd floor - and very few rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

After reading the reviews, I was concerned about bringing my group to The Inn. I wrote to them and was responded to immediately. They assured me that that I should have peace of mind about the Inn. We arrived and were met by a wonderful staff and when we reached our rooms, there were no problems at all. The rooms were immaculate, there was no smell of smoke as many have written..there were plenty of towels in the rooms and there shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion smelled fine. Nobody in my group of 27 people had any complaints and they were all happy with their rooms. I felt it necessary to write this review as nothing we experienced felt like we were at the same Inn as the one others seemed to be critizing. I felt that I had to set the record straight. Also, the shuttle was always available to us for rides to the main building with the Casino..our Casino packages were great, everything was organized and the food at the Hotel was really good. So, don't be afraid to stay there, it is a nice, inexpensive stay and the staff throughout Turning Stone was helpful and courteous..so what more can you ask.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Inn at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!