“Perfect for a relaxing Get away” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5218 Patrick Rd, Verona, NY 13478   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Verona
New England
“Perfect for a relaxing Get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a wonderful all suite hotel. The facilities and service are excellent. One of the things I like best about the lodge is that it has a contemporary design that is relaxing and comfortable. The designers have done an excellent job of incorporating natural stone and wood into the design. Because the total number of rooms is small by hotel standards (I think there are a total of 90 suites) the building feels uncrowded which adds to the relaxing atmosphere. I have stayed in both a regular suite and a VIP suite. Both are great rooms. The primary difference is that the VIP suites have a larger balcony that has a hot tub. The VIP suite does have a slightly larger living room with a half bath but this was not a big deal for me. The king bedroom and adjoining bathroom seemed similar in both suites. The lodge has its own spa and it is one of the better hotel spa facilities I have been to in the northeast. I had the best pedicure foot treatment that I have ever received. The bar in the hotel is very relaxing and makes great drinks- It also offers an upscale bar menu of lite bites and burgers. The lodges restaurant wildflowers is a first class dining facility and has excellent food. The turning stone resort also has outstanding golf facilities (3 championship courses) located adjacent to the lodge. Ironically, the casino which is thankfully located across the street is a disappointment by comparison to the lodge. Rather than incorporating natural design elements (think Mohegan sun casino) The casino feels like one of the older seedier las vegas casino's that is decorated in a cheap glitzy costume jewelry type design. It doesn't help matters that many of the people gambling in the casino look like they couldn't afford the plane ticket to las Vegas. Also, when I go to Vegas, I don't take cash because I can always cash a personal check at the casino. I have always been able to cash a check (they do an immediate credit check or direct debit) for at least two thousand and as much as ten thousand dollars depending on casino policy. At turning stone the limit was $50. I was able to get $500 out of the ATM using my debit card. In summary, if you're looking for a relaxing getaway the lodge is outstanding and I would highly reccomend it. Prices are high but certainly fair given the quality of the lodge experience. If you are going primarily for the casino and looking for an upscale high energy las vegas type experience the lodge and the turning stone casino are not for you.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge at Turning Stone for our 6th Anniversary. We stayed in one of the outdoor jacuzzi suites. It was absolutely beautiful. The Lodge is spotlessly clean, the staff is extremely polite, the atmosphere is so relaxing.

The bed was so comfy. The bathroom amazingly clean and very nice. The check-in staff was outstanding...the valet staff was amazing...the bar tender made the best strawberry daquiri I've ever had!

The hot tub on the balcony was a bit too hot and my husband couldnt enjoy it at all. He only got one leg in and had to get out. I could only handle it for a few minutes and had to get out too. It was at 106 degrees and that was way high. I wish we would have uncovered it as soon as we had gotten to the room to check the temp. We would have turned down the temp and left the cover off so it would have cooled down some but we didnt even give it a thought since we didnt even plan on using it till later that evening. We were so disapponted that we didnt get to really enjoy it. After all, that is why I chose that particular room.

I have stayed at the Hotel (it was ok) and the Tower (not impressed and rude staff) but I can tell you that the Lodge has our business from now on. Next time when I make a reservation for the outdoor jacuzzi room I will remember to request that the temp be turned down to 102 degrees and will make sure I check as soon as I get there.

Our overall experience though is worth 5 stars!!

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just got back from our Ancient Order of Hibernians Convention, and just wanted to say Turning Stone did an excellent job. The food, service, hotel rooms, convention space was excellent. I highly recommend this Hotel for your next convention. No complaints
Not far from the Baseball Hall of Fame, Boxing Hall of Fame and Soccer Hall of Fame

Marcellus, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We decided to book the jacuzzi suite for a weekend getaway. It's definitely a nice resort for CNY, and it was a pretty good experience. The rooms are spacious with nice amenities, including two tv's, shower, and spa bath. The rooms included a mini-bar and the prices were actually reasonable for the items, compared to at most hotels. I think it was $3 for a beer, $2 for a king size candy bar, etc. We paid an extra $100 and got the jacuzzi suite with a full size outdoor jacuzzi and large deck. The jacuzzi and deck were nice, but they were not very private at all. Pretty much every room on your side of the lodge could look in at you in the jacuzzi, like you were on display for them. I would probably recommend against getting it. The pool and hot tub in the lodge were very nice and both a good temperature. We ended up eating at Pino Bianco in the casino, and were not that impressed with it. I ordered the seafood brodetto which includes a lobster tail, but they only give you a half of a lobster tail. For a $40 entree, you would expect a full lobster tail as listed in the menu. Besides that, the dish was watery with very few noodles. I don't think I'll be going back to Pino Bianco. I would think about staying at the Lodge again, but I'm not sure it's worth it for the price. There's a lot of other four star hotels out there for half the cost.

Room Tip: I would recommend a normal suite, only get the jacuzzi suite if you don't mind people being voye...
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Lodge is a hidden gem in upstate NY. The fact that it has a Casino and several restaurants makes it a plus. But the Big plus is that when you stay at the Lodge you are secluded from the casino atmosphere. This place is luxurous, stylish & magnificent. the reception we received and the treatment we got throughout our stay was fantastic. We loved it so much ( we were there Memorial Day weekedn) that we are going back there on Labor Day weekend. Rooms were very spacious ,bathrooms elegant. Lobby ...and garden areas were wonderful . The onkly downside is that it is a far ride from NYC but well worth the trip.

Room Tip: We did not get a balcony room this time but we did reserve one for Labor day....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Away from the tower and hotel casino. The lodge offers quietness and an oasis of calmness. Excellent attention to details and service. Well worth the price premium. Restaurant in lobby offers full fare. Quick access to golf course.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review of the Lodge. We particularly appreciate your kind words about our attention to detail, and we have shared this with our staff. We hope you will return again soon!
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Rooms are exceptional. Hotel staff excellent and responsive. Golf and other amenities easily accessible. We went with 3 other couples for a golf weekend and the weekend could not have been better. Only issue was wildflower, a 4 diamond restaurant. the service was slow. the appetizers uniformly excellent. However, the tuna was clearly recommended by the waitstaff but greatly disappointing. Bland, flavorless. Other entrees were very good but not earth shattering and not 4 diamond. The next day we had breakfast. Very slow service and more than one order was incorrect. I was served a butchered english muffin with eggs and only recieved my sausage and hash browns as we were asking for the check. Very impressed with the lodge and will go back. However, I will avoid wildflowers and would recommend others do the same. there are too many other restaurants in the casino to waste your time in wildflower

Room Tip: no particular tips. all 4 couples had great rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lodge and Wildflowers. We are especially pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay so much and took advantage of our beautiful golf courses while you were here. We were disappointed to learn of your experiences in Wildflowers and have shared your feedback with the management and staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest's experience and appreciate you taking to the time to share yours. We look forward to your return!

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!