“Superb Service, Like no other hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Special: $279
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Verona
long island ny
“Superb Service, Like no other hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

We were there for 2 nights, attending a conference.
The staff at The LODGE was over the top
They ade you feel special, welcomed and always accomodated. They thought ahead at every instance, taking into account the value of their guests. Truly the best service I have EVER encountered in any fine hotel I've stayed in. The rooms are clean, serene and well kept. From the moment of check in, to the 24 hour room service, to the maid service you pass in the halls, impeccable and refined.
the rest of the property I cannot say the same, though pleasant. Casino staff is typical, however slightly freindlier than most.
Staying at th lodge completely made yo feel removed from the hustle and bustle. If you can get over the "no alchohol" (Just bring your own) Id say this is one of the finest hotels Ive ever stayed in.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Not much to do in verboa, who needs to, the room is all you need
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

First time for everything - This property made a frequent visitor to tripadvisor finally write a review. I travel quite a bit (more than amex thinks I should) and am told on a regular basis that I need to find the champagne funding to go with my taste. So that said here you go -

They must be paying attention at The Lodge to complaints because the two I read in previous reviews, were absent from my recent stay. I think Telluride meets Soho is a fair description of this top-notch hotel.

The staff - First Class. Seriously, no less than 6 times I had 4 people opening the entrance doors for me. Front desk - sharp, creative, and more than accommodating. Concierge - quick, efficient, responsive. Maitre d' @ restaurant - respectful, qualified and friendly. The server, for some of the best room service I've tasted (and that is saying something) was great. I am pretty amazed at how everyone working here seemed to be excellent at their given job. Rare.

The standard room was nice ($300) - my husband was not as huge of a fan. He is also used to me upgrading to suites and I am sure their suites must be magnificent. The room was large, the bed comfy and the shower had a cool new twist on the "rainfall". Internet easy to figure out, couldn't smoke on the balconies - which I found very odd. They would allow you to smoke around the property though, and it is very pretty. I suppose they are trying to keep it clean, and it seems to be working. The entire property was freakishly clean. Must mention the flower turndown service, very nice touch and appreciated I am sure by at least one half of every couple staying here!

Went for a concert - great show, great sound, small venue...please don't tell your friends, I would like it to stay small and affordable.

Only went briefly into any other areas on their property - but the casino looked very clean, I saw tons of slots and tables that were in the $15-$100 range had some action on them. They did not seem to have moneybacks though - some kind of card system. Not really a gambler (rather spend the money in the spa). They are opening a nightclub soon, looked ridiculously large. We dined at the Brazilian steak house for lunch, the name escapes me but the food and service were great.

It was not very busy for our stay but I would think this place would have no problem adjusting to the crowds.

Worth every penny and then some.

Stayed September 2007
Ballston Spa,, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

We spent a weekend at the Lodge at Turning Stone Resort while attending a work related conference. I have to say, after staying in the Tower rooms at Turning Stone, the Lodge is a huge step up in class and ammenities. It is also a huge step up in price as the rooms here are about $200 more per night than the Tower.
First off the Lodge is strictly valet service and there is no self service parking. There are attendants there to retrieve your luggage, park your car, and open the doors to the hotel for you. You are then directed to a conceirge for check in. The rooms are all suites and are first rate, with very modern, art deco style decor.
There is a nice balcony with adirondack style lounge chairs and cushions. In the evening you return to your room to find your bed turned down, slippers and bathrobes laid out and gourmet pretzels waiting on the bed. The also turn on very relaxing mood music on the bedside CD player. There is a seperate pool and a full service spa attached to the Lodge and the golf course is directly adjacent, which I have not played, but understand is first rate. They were actually preparing for a PGA event during our stay. We actually saw actor Steven Baldwin in the Lodge during our stay who was attending a charity event at the Resort. As far as the rest of the property, you can walk directly to the casino and resort without going outside. The casino itself is average with a ton of people smoking everywhere. There are a few non-smoking areas, but the smoke seems to invade these areas also. The BYOB policy that always existed at Turning Stone has been outlawed and alcoholic beverage are banned altogether. There are signs everywhere explaining the policy and the resort, which is owned by the Onieda Indian nation is negotiating with the state to be able to serve alcohol on premises. Overall, I would recommend the Lodge for a nice weekend getaway, whether or not you plan to gamble.

• Liked — the Hotel itself
  • Disliked — the smokey casino
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new york, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

i wanted to get away for relaxation and rejuvenation. it's just waht i needed. i has a terrible summer flu and the lodge and its spa brought me back to health after a couple of days of excellent hospitality, great food, tranquil resort, and serene environment. thank you.

• Liked — hospitality and tranquility and beautiful resort
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turning S, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you. We're thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience at The Lodge and Skana Spa!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed at the Lodge for 4 days and had a spectacular time. The servcie was excellent and all of the staff went ouy of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. The turndown service each nght is very nice and they leave great chocolates which is a bonus. We played golf each day and the courses are great! I would definetly play the course off site (where the PGA wil be held) you have to have a caddy and it is well worth the cost! Beautiful. I have to say that the spa is one of the best that I have ever been too...Make sure that you take advantage of the steam , suana and whirlpool areas before/after your treatments...well worth it and so relaxing. The casino is OK....lots of smoking so if this bothers you I would avoid. The biggest con for us was the no alcohol policy....although I think that this will be resolved in a couple of weeks so it will be a full service resort. We knew ahead of time and brought our own....be descreet and no problems. For food we were not impressed with the room service food at the Lodge but did have a great meal at Forest Grill and the breakfast at the golf clubs were very good. All in all a great resort with plenty to do.

• Liked — Soacious rooms, service, spa
  • Disliked — NO ALCOHOL
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

We have stayed here a few times, but I live quite far, and usually go to a/c. I love this place. The staff is beyond friendly, the rooms (in the tower) are beautiful, and the regular rooms in the hotel are nice also. The restaurants are very good, and the comps are unbelievable. They work similar to Harrahs total rewards. You earn points (called Karats) and they can be used in the restaurants one karat=one dollar. They are very generous. We played all day, and earned over 200 Karats. It paid for all of our meals, including a very expensive restaurant , Wildflower, whch, was excellent. In a/c I probably would have been lucky to earn 20 reward credits. Whenever we go there, we wind up paying for all of our meals.Some people have complained of tight slots, but I don't know. My husband and I usually lose a good thousand or two in A/C, but we won here. I've lost here also, so I can't really complain about the slots. If you have ever wondered about this place, it's worth the visit.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
hudson, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

Or sublime, or any of the other top guns of the few superlatives one might reach for when trying to sum up an experience that has left one in a state of peace and wonder and gratefulness. The architecture is at once awe inspiring and comforting; the suites (there are suites only) elegant and unpretentious; the restaurant's fare inventive and expertly prepared and served; the staff most courteous and helpful and clearly sincere. It's a short walk from the usual noise and bedlam found in any casino to this other world of beauty and civility and quiet. We were lucky to arrive right before the big rate hike kicked in for the season, but will happily make it our regular mid-week off season getaway. Neil and Karen Montone

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Lodge at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!