First time for everything - This property made a frequent visitor to tripadvisor finally write a review. I travel quite a bit (more than amex thinks I should) and am told on a regular basis that I need to find the champagne funding to go with my taste. So that said here you go -
They must be paying attention at The Lodge to complaints because the two I read in previous reviews, were absent from my recent stay. I think Telluride meets Soho is a fair description of this top-notch hotel.
The staff - First Class. Seriously, no less than 6 times I had 4 people opening the entrance doors for me. Front desk - sharp, creative, and more than accommodating. Concierge - quick, efficient, responsive. Maitre d' @ restaurant - respectful, qualified and friendly. The server, for some of the best room service I've tasted (and that is saying something) was great. I am pretty amazed at how everyone working here seemed to be excellent at their given job. Rare.
The standard room was nice ($300) - my husband was not as huge of a fan. He is also used to me upgrading to suites and I am sure their suites must be magnificent. The room was large, the bed comfy and the shower had a cool new twist on the "rainfall". Internet easy to figure out, couldn't smoke on the balconies - which I found very odd. They would allow you to smoke around the property though, and it is very pretty. I suppose they are trying to keep it clean, and it seems to be working. The entire property was freakishly clean. Must mention the flower turndown service, very nice touch and appreciated I am sure by at least one half of every couple staying here!
Went for a concert - great show, great sound, small venue...please don't tell your friends, I would like it to stay small and affordable.
Only went briefly into any other areas on their property - but the casino looked very clean, I saw tons of slots and tables that were in the $15-$100 range had some action on them. They did not seem to have moneybacks though - some kind of card system. Not really a gambler (rather spend the money in the spa). They are opening a nightclub soon, looked ridiculously large. We dined at the Brazilian steak house for lunch, the name escapes me but the food and service were great.
It was not very busy for our stay but I would think this place would have no problem adjusting to the crowds.
Worth every penny and then some.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Turning Stone Hotel Verona
- The Lodge At Turning Stone Hotel
- Hotel At Turning Stone
- At Turning Stone Verona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A legendary experience awaits your indulgence at the AAA 4-diamond award-winning Lodge at Turning Stone. Selected by Conde Nast Johansens as the "Most Excellent Resort" in the USA and Canada for 2007. The Lodge at Turning Stone is an elegant all-suite hotel that's perfected the art of pampering. This beautiful hideaway offers treasured privacy that superbly complements the resort's recreational pleasures. Your sumptuous suite is just mere steps from fun and excitement, yet still a serene world away. Come. Enjoy our hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Lodge at Turning Stone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.