“Still a Class Act” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vestal, New York
“Still a Class Act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my second time staying here for a professional meeting. My stay was just as perfect as my last, with a very large comfortable room, a view of the Fall foliage on the horizons and very quiet. The room décor is nice and soothing, meticulous even during our stay. I would definitely stay here again next year for our conference. But I must add, that my roommate lost a gold earring somewhere in the casino/conference area. By the time she realized it was missing, one of the staff recommended that she check out security at lost and found, and it had been returned! We appreciated even more the wonderful staff working at Turning Stone. Thank You!

Room Tip: upper floor so you can appreciate the views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent spacious accommodations, courteous staff and attendants, in a setting that is tuned for a stress-free experience, be it business or pleasure, with numerous choices for dining and entertainment, or just spa-style relaxation. I will return.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are quiet, comfortable, and offer unique views of the surrounding countryside.
Pine Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The tower is state of the art in its access and functionality. However, two things disturbed me
during my recent stay. Every drawer in the chest showed signs of dust and slight debris in
most of the corners. In addition there seemed to be a infestation of flies in the room #1408
I killed one fly on the day of my arrival, a second fly in the shower stall on Monday morning,
and a third fly on my pillow on Monday night as I was retiring. I hope this situation is remedied
in the future.
Ed Murphy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TS_Management, Manager at The Tower at Turning Stone Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring the issues with your recent stay, to our attention. We were disappointed to learn about your recent experience. Our Executive Housekeeper, Bryan Garvey, will be reaching out to you, in hopes of speaking with you personally regarding your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Tower hotel for 1 night and did not utilize the casino for anything other than the stay and attending a wedding reception at their clubhouse. I decided not to valet, but self park, so when I entered the main entrance it took me 15 minutes to find where to check-in because (1) there were no signs and (2) the staffer I asked sent me the wrong way. Once I checked in I made it up to the room I was surprised by the level of security I had to go through to get to the room, first by using the key in the elevator and then my corner room and the room next door had a separate security door for the corridor that also required key access. I thought the view and room were nice but there were stains on the couch. The rest of the night went fine until a little before 3 in the morning I woke up to a constant noise that sounded like someone was pushing on my door. I looked through the peephole and a man I did not know was walking into the corridor and pushing into my door then leaving on repeat. The security door was not closing properly behind him making it obsolete. I called the front desk to have security come up and watched as they also pushed easily into the corridor and left without sealing the security door behind them. I then had to leave my room and shut the security door before going back to bed (which as a single female laying in a room with an unknown man trying to get in was not easy as my nerves were through the roof). I woke up early and checked out as soon as it was light out, only to find when I left my room, the security door was again open! What a horrible, overpriced, restless night. I won’t be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are very concerned to learn about your experience with your recent stay. Our Front Office Manager, Kim Lane, would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your experience, and hopefully get more information. If you would please contact her at your earliest convenience, we would appreciate it. She can be reached at 800-771-7711. We hope to hear from you soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This property does not match up to competitive casinos we have visited. Signage is poor both inside and out. Routes to the registration, casino and parking options are not clear. Inside, it was difficult to locate meeting rooms and restaurants and the distances to some of these was considerable. The weight sensitive room bar was a real turn-off and we did not dare open the door as we would be charged for the slightest motion. The place drips with greed. The buffet price went up $10 by the time we reached the front of the line. The in-plan breakfast offered no bread of any kind. These people survive because there is no serious nearby competition. They would never survive in Las Vegas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are very sorry to learn of your overall disappointment with your experience at Turning Stone. Our Front Office Manager, Kim Lane, would like an opportunity to speak with your personally regarding your stay. We hope you will please take a moment to contact her at 800-771-7711. Looking forward to hearing from you!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding, 1 night spent the night swatting the 20 or so flies in the room. Some were dropping dead around the room. There were also many stains on the carpet and a terrible smell. I asked for compensation and was offered a free breakfast, I told them I had already eaten breakfast so they knocked 30.00 off the price. During the discussion both the attendant and manager seemed annoyed at me. I hold higher standards for casino hotels than I would for a days inn motel, this place all around was one of the worst places I've stayed in awhile

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We were very disappointed to learn of your experience. Our Executive Housekeeper, Bryan Garvey, would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you personally regarding how your situation was handled. If you would please take a moment to contact him at 800-771-7711, he would appreciate it. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

first time at Turning Stone and I had a great time. I was attending a conference and had a chance to play one of the golf courses.....awesome! The staff in the hotel were great and answered any questions I had or directed me when needed. I will definitely make a trip back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!