“Much nicer than the original hotel” 4 of 5 stars

The Tower at Turning Stone Resort
5218 Patrick Road, Verona, NY 13478   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Verona
New York
“Much nicer than the original hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Although I like the location of the original hotel in relation to the Casino and restaurants, the Tower rooms are a vast improvement. The beds are very comfortable, the amenities in the room are upgraded and the bathrooms are much much more current with large waterfall showers and contemporary bowl sinks. If you have the extra money, choose the Tower.

Room Tip: all rooms are equally nice even though over priced
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Greenfield Twp., PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Beautiful hotel room! Very spacious and modern. Comfortable and sparkling clean. Would love to stay here again!

ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice place. Casino was top notch. The food in the "many" restaurants were fresh,ample and enjoyable. The room was clean and there were some nice extas. The only problem was there is no outdoor pool. We had to drive several miles to a beach that was closed do to polution. All and all it was a good experiance and we may return.

Glens Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have been to this property more times than I can count. The lodge is the best place to stay but can be pricey. The hotel and tower are the main part over the casino. There is also an Inn but be careful this is down the road. Thankfully my travel agent warned me or I would have booked the cheaper room and not even been at the casino. Big casino floor, but most of it is smoking. They do now serve alcohol. The resort has some great shows throughout the year. Several restaurants and a food court area. The Asian restaurant is good and so is the steakhouse. Valet park. It is easier and cheap. The garage can be difficult to find a space and then find your car. Book early, this place fills quick and be sure to ask your agent to look for different promotions like AAA and military rates if you qualify.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

The bellmen are simply the friendliest I've ever met. Everyone at this hotel was so helpful and cheerful. Kudos to the staff. The room is of a contemporary decor and very clean. The place was quiet after 11 and a wake up call was right on time for us in the morning. The fitness center is not to be missed. They have a lap pool! A jacuzzi and sauna area are available along with a full gym. They do not just have the bare minimum. Yes, there are plenty of playing opportunities on the casino floor. If you're not a gambler or golfer though, as I'm not, there isn't much to do, so bring a book or a laptop to hang with while others play. The TV has an abundance of free channels available and there are plenty of little restaurants, cafe's, and bars to peruse also. We follow a gluten free diet and found plenty of good food at the extensive breakfast buffet. Treat yourself to a pedicure at the Ahsi spa, you won't be disappointed. There is a pool with a jacuzzi next to the spa, also. The golf course and clubhouse are beautiful! We had a delicious business dinner upstairs there and were very comfortable. Enjoy!

Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We are usually comped, but I try to rate as if I'm paying. The tower is clean, comfortable, and the staff is nice. Free valet parking, bell service, try to get a corner room (nicer view). Remember to ask for your free keno coupons.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I went as part of a bus group for a three day/ two night stay. The casino gave us good comps: $40 worth of bingo a day, $15 in food a day and a breakfast buffet coupon.

It had been several years since I stayed in the Hotel portion of the casino. I usually preer to stay in the Tower, because it is quieter and the rooms are nicer. When I went into my room, I noticed that they had put me in a non smoking room. I guess there may have been a mix up with the reservation, things happen. So I called the front desk and within ten minutes I was in my new room. From what I had heard the Hotel portion was being renovated, but the bellman told me they haven't done the "smoking floor" yet. Despite being in an "old" room, it was how I remembered it, adequate, nothing special or fancy. But the bed was comfy and the AC worked, so can't really complain too much.

The only thing I don't like about the Hotel is how thin the walls are. You can hear everything that is going on in the adjacent rooms. Not to sound like a stodgey old crank, but I could have done without being woken up at 3 am by drunk 20-somethings coming back from the club.

Yes, Turning Stone slots are notoriously tight, that is no secret. However, I did win $1,000 at bingo, so that added to my "fun money," so for a short time I felt like a semi high roller. I was smart enough to not let them take back all they had given me, but it did feel nice to have some extra money to play with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower, it is the newer part of the casino and much nicer
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Tower at Turning Stone Resort? Share your experiences!