“NO SOUND PROOFING” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Oswego, NY
“NO SOUND PROOFING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I travel often for work and stay in Marriotts of every kind. This is by far the WORST Marriott I have EVER stayed in. There was absolutely NO sound proofing throughout the entire hotel. If you want to get any sleep at all, then I would not recommend the Fairfield Inn. My boyfriend had to get up saturday morning and go to class, so he requested a 5 AM wake up call. I guess the staff can;t tell the difference between AM and PM. So, after getting little to no sleep throughout the night, we decided to nap in the afternoon....Oly to be woke by the incorrect wake up call at 5 PM. Greatly disappointed. Hilton, here I come.......

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

This Fairfield Inn is a step above most others in the chain. It's pretty new, well furnished, the linens and towels are all newer, the TVs are newer, it was clean and the staff was very nice. Fairfield Inns can be iffy sometimes, but this is one is excellent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I was on the way back from Niagra Falls and the weather wasn't cooperating with the heavy snow. Finally I got off I-90 to find a hotel to spend the night and stumbled on the Fairfield Inn. The check in was quick and easy considering I did not have a reservation and the staff was very friendly.

The decor was very nice, trendy and obviously very new. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was very roomy. I felt completely comfortable and although the hotel was nearly full, it was very quiet.

The restaurant right next door was perfect for a quick dinner and only steps away.

The following morning two maintenance men working for the hotel were in the lobby and asked if I wanted help in clearing my car of the 6 inches that had fallen overnight. They went out and took care of my car while I checked out and got a quick breakfast. Nice little touch and very much appreciated.

Considering I randomly picked an exit to search for a hotel to tuck in for the night, I hit the jackpot with this place! Great little hotel!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Great new Fairfield. Very clean and cozy. Just off I-90 accross from Turning Stone Casino. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the casino which is convinient. Breakfast included. Clean room and hotel in general. It is a typical new style Fairfield that does the job. Finally, for late night drinks, great sports bar located in the same parking lot. Our stay at the Fairfield Marriott Verona was a great one and we would not hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

this place was so clean and wonderful,the staff were friendly and wonderful alsocant wait to visist again soon

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

very very nice new hotel stayed just one night but it was the best hotel our trip. very good service. sports bar in the parking lot was awsome very very good...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

First of all, I don't know what they were thinking when they chose the color scheme for this place. I think they're trying to be trendy? But, to me it just looked cheap. When I saw the lobby, I was hoping it would not reflect the rooms - but I was wrong. I much prefer warm soothing colors rather than these vivid oranges and greens... yuck! The pattern on the carpet gave me headache! We'd been driving for hours and were exhausted when we checked in or I would have insisted on looking elsewhere. I wish we had. The price seemed reasonable and we really just wanted to sleep. But, instead, we could hear people talking up and down the hallway several times throughout the night. The next morning we could hear housekeeping knocking on doors when we were trying to sleep in. When we finally got up and went down to check out breakfast, it was huge disappointment (jimmy dean sausage sandwhiches!) Are you kidding? We left without saying a word. There's a casino across the street. We packed our stuff and went over there and had a really great breakfast. Maybe we should have stayed there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!