“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

having some business around, i stayed in Fair Field and do like it... it's a good compromise: the hotel is well maintain, the room are large, the staff is cool, ... what else do you need ? I will definitely stop there again next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rotterdam, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was in Verona on business with a large crew of utility workers who were working on storm restoration in the nearby areas. We were set up in the Fairfield Inn. What a very nice hotel. It has an inviting lobby and spacious rooms. I shared a room with two double beds. The room has a large flat screen TV . The bathroom was very large with a tub/shower combination. Room was very clean and hotel is not dated. There is a very nice breakfast offering. They provided eggs,sausage,oatmeal,waffles,cereal selections,toast,muffins and fresh fruit and juices. There is a nice dining area with a large TV. The staff was exceptionally friendly. If I was not there on business I would stay there again with family or solo.The rooms were quiet. No fridge or microwave in our room.That was not an issue for us. *****The "Recovery Room Restaurant" is next door. It is steps away and parking is shared with the hotel. Very convenient if you would like to catch a bite and not have to travel.

Room Tip: I saw the interior of several of the room and all appeared to be great.I believe rooms with odd-numb...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
West Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place is great. If you're in Verona, you're there for a reason. Meaning, there aren't many places to eat, shop or have fun. However, if you're there for business or you want to go to the Turning Stone Casino, I don't see how anyone could find a better hotel. The place is spotless. The staff is incredible. You can walk RIGHT across the street to Turning Stone or, if you're feeling lazy, you can take the shuttle. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts, 1 restaurant, a convenience store, a gas station and a liquor store steps away. What's not to like?

They did shut down the gym one morning because the air condition was broken. This made NO sense. Anyone who is a runner or athlete, knows how to handle themselves in "elements". A broken AC in April isn't exactly devastating. However, having to run outside during allergy season, amidst cow dung and pollen is.

Still...Awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to return. However, I don't think I'll EVER go to Verona again, so it's my loss. Sorry Fairfield Inn. I'd love to see you again. Maybe someday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for the Boxing Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony nearby and also Friday Night Fights at The Turning Stone Casino across the street from the hotel. When we arrived we were greeted by Lorraine who was very pleasant , She had us checked in and in our room in 20 minutes. I asked how we could get to the casino and she explained how they had a complimentary shuttle. All you had to do is come down to the lobby and tell them you want to go to the Casino and they take you. Coming back you call and they pick you up and bring you back which was wonderful .
The room was beautiful clean and smelled so good.Housekeeping should be commended for doing such a great job. Breakfast also wonderful . Hot breakfast with many items to choose from.Very nice clean organized breakfast room and Lorraine again helping out in the breakfast room with a beautiful smile. I will choose this hotel again when we stay next year for the Boxing Hall Of Fame. Also we will be traveling to California in September will be staying in your hotel in West Covina California. I hope it will be as pleasant as this hotel. Thank you to all the staff in Verona NY who made our trip much more enjoyable than it already was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Warren, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked this hotel as we were traveling and there are 5 of us. The room I had reserved was much too small. I asked if the adjacent room was open. The staff checked and they worked around my rewards points and we had the two rooms. The front desk people were just so nice, helpful and very friendly. The place was spotless. I took the kids to the pool and they had a great time. The next morning we had the breakfast which was very good. I just love the waffles. It is very difficult to find a hotel that will sleep 5 as well as an indoor pool and breakfast. Reallly loved it.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the pool....couldn't hear any noise outside of our room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

As a frequent traveler, and Marriot Platinum, I had muted expectations of what the Fairfield would be like. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff, the cleanliness of the space, and the quality of the food. Lorraine, the "Breakfast Ambassador" was delightful, and went out of her way to accommodate every request (and there were a couple of odd requests). The property was sold out and very busy with an event at the boxing hall of fame, but the common areas were kept clean and managed by a very busy staff. I would go back here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Higher floors seemed quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I came up for a wedding, this hotel was listed as an option for us to stay at! We are so glad we did!! It was very clean and the staff was wonderful! Bonnie at the front desk was very friendly and made sure we were comfortable and happy!! We will be back!!

Stayed June 2014

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona? Share your experiences!