“Fun Casino!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 Attractions in Verona
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 120,000 square feet of Las Vegas-style gaming, with over 80 table games, Keno lounge, over 2300 gaming machines, 32 tables of live poker for up to 320 players, and one of the top High Stakes Bingo Halls in the world, featuring Cosmic Bingo every Saturday night. 5 golf courses: three 18-hole courses and two 9-hole layouts. Year-round indoor golf, racquet and fitness facilities, 2 golf virtual simulators, 4 indoor US OPEN blue Decoturf tennis courts and 2 racquetball courts, steam & sauna rooms, lap pool. The 800-seat cabaret-style Showroom, and 5,000-seat Event Center. Skana Spa, a 33,000 square foot destination spa, and Ahsi Day Spa, featuring 9 treatment rooms and full-service salon, offering a variety of massages, facials and body treatments, hairstyling, manicures & pedicures. Exit 33, the "Ultimate Entertainment Destination" includes LAVA, our sophisticated New York style nightclub; Tin Rooster, our country dancehall & BBQ; The Gig, our underground rock & roll club; and Turquoise Tiger, our sophisticated lounge and cocktail bar.
Elmira, NY
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Casino!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

We visit Turning Stone Casino about 2 to 3 times/year. My family lives in Utica, NY, so it's very close, and we often book lodging at Turning Stone. Once you get past the disappointment of not actually dropping in and winning actual quarters, the machines are actually a lot of fun! I have a few slots/electronic games that are my favorites, and they seem to be in a different location each time I go! But I've learned to make it fun finding them, and find a lot of new games that I haven't seen before.
I rated this casino "Above Average" and not "Excellent" based on two reasons. The first being that alcohol is not served in the casino, and the second being that I haven't won enough $ to retire yet. We are both smokers in my household, so the "smoky environment" really doesn't bother us, though we have noticed more and more Non-Smoking areas each time we visit.
Personally, we have found that the machines are NOT tight. On more than one occasion, we have funded our entire stay with slot machine winnings. We usually each have a VERY tight slot budget, (very tight! about $20 to $40/day per person!) and can happily make that last the entire trip.
We also play a variety of table games, and have no complaints when comparing them to other casinos.
I've read some reviews of people complaining of no good pay-backs. My only advice is ... "It's called GAMBLING" Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. More often you lose - just have fun ... don't go expecting to walk away a multi-millionaire.
The building that houses the casino is beautiful. They keep things very clean, and you can see that they go to great lengths decorating for various holidays. They also do a great job incorporating Native American culture throughout.
We always enjoy our time there, and will continue to visit Turning Stone Casino for many years to come :)

Cornwall, New York
3 attraction reviews
“First Trip to Turning Stone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

This was my first trip to Turning Stone. It was a bus trip upstate. So we received $25 gambling/or bingo credit and a $5.00 dining card, each day.

Bingo...large crowd, well organized. But ..front room was very smoky. Even the smokers in our party were complaining.

Food-- with the $5.00 dining card went far with the food in the bingo room. Good value for the money. Free Soda through out the bingo session.

Slots- very tight for me, but witnessed several wins and a few hand pays.

Tables- well organized with $15. min on a Sat night and Sunday afternoon. There was also a poker room

Disadvantages...No alcohal on the slot floor, but I do think I saw drinks being delivered to the tables. The CWs were bringing carts of sodas and waters around to the slots.

You do not insert cash into the machine. You go to the cashier, and have the money put on your players card. You play and then your wins are added to the card. they will cash out your card at the cashier. - as long as it over $15.00.

It was an ok trip, and I will probably return at some point

UpState NY
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

What a beautiful casino! Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, but when we pulled up to the main entrance I was blown away. The valet services was so friendly. The front desk people were excellent. I think whoever teaches the employees guest services got a thing or 10 right! The only thing I don't like are the slots. You need to have a card, then put money on it, to get the slots to work. But the people who give out the cards have a sense of humor, big plus! Friendly employees! What a concept!!

The casino is a bit hard to navigate. The layout seems to be in a circular shape. Just a little tip if you get lost, you can call the operators' and they will point you in the right direction. Believe me, I had to call more than once, and once again the operators were lovely. Very patient and friendly.

The Showroom is amazing. There doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house. I was at the stage for the Jonathan Davis show. The acoustics are fantastic, and being so close to the entertainer was amazing! When I was there you were allowed to bring in your own alcohol, but I can't be sure the policy is the same now. That was actually not such a bad thing, the prices for non-alcoholic drinks are a little steep.

The Turning Stone Casino has a lot going for itself. I didn't have a chance to check out the Lodge, but from what I hear it's beautiful. The level of guest service is outstanding. I have never been to a place where all of the employees are actually smiling! Would I recommend the Turning Stone to friend, YES!!!!

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
“A wonderful Thanksgiving buffet experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

We hadn't been to the Casino in close to 10 years, but we decided to take advantage of the weekend and participate in the Thanksgiving Day buffet ($35 ea) from 12-5 p.m. The one detail that seemed to be lacking (online or off) was the location of the event. Online, the "convention center" was referenced, and looking at the map of the Casino groups, the only thing close appeared to be an "Event Center." However, when we parked close to the Event Center, we realized the building was locked, and ended up calling the hotel to find that the "convention center" is located within the Casino building, off the casino floor. There was a considerable bit of walking required, and we are mobility impaired, so it was a little stressful. When we arrived at the correct room and asked to be seated, we were pleased that there was seating available even though we were close to an hour early; however, we were sent back to the box office to pick up our tickets. We thought it would have been helpful if we were told to pick up the tickets by the representative who originally took our orders over the phone. Once inside, we had a very nice time, with a huge room full of happy diners, live music, and plenty of wonderful food, including roast beef, turkey, and ham carving stations. We were out within an hour and a half and spent a few hours on the casino floor before leaving.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lousy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

Casino is terrible! No drinks other than juice and soda. Forget playing the slots, save your money. All video games and all they do is suck money off your card. You will not win on the slots here! I have never been to a casino that was so tight. About all you can win at is Blackjack. Save your money, go to Atlantic City or Vegas. In the long run you will be ahead!

Restaurants are so so. Skip Rodizio - service is terrible. Hotel is no biggy. Again, service is lousy.

Skip the Turning Stone! Rent a movie and stay home!

Turning S, Guest Relations Manager at Turning Stone Resort Casino, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We've made some big changes since your visit including, new Cash Slots, new restaurants (Rodizio is now Upstate Tavern), and our Exit 33 entertainment & nightlife expansion.

Been to Turning Stone Resort Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Turning Stone Resort Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.