“Excellent Hotel if Quiet isnt your thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5118 NY State Route 365, I-90 & Exit 33, Verona, NY 13478   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Verona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NY
“Excellent Hotel if Quiet isnt your thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

This hotel needs to be reviewed from 2 different perspectives. If you are not a light sleeper and dont mind a little noise, you will love this Hotel. The rooms are small, kind of European-like but the beds are real comfortable and they have Flat Screen TV's (37"?) with tons of channels in every room. They are very clean with a nice in room coffee maker. It's located within a mile of the Casino. They have WIred and wireless internet in every room. The down side is the walls are paper thin. AT 2:30AM, my neighbors came home and decided to rehash all the fun they had had that night- I could hear every word. The clock radio ticked and clicked all night presumably everytime there was a cell phone call in the area. At 6AM my other neighbor woke up and turned on the TV which came in loud and clear in my room.

Although i asked to be away from the elevator, all the single rooms were near it and i was put within 12 feet of it on the 3rd floor. Every time the elevator arrived there was a loud 2 part 'dong'. I also found out the Ice machine was right in front of my room as was the "Maid Service Room". After one night i demanded to be moved and they acccomodated me with a double room at the single price down the hall where i experiienced the neighbor issues.
So to repeat if noise from within the hotel is not an issue-great place/value. If you are sensiitve to that kind of noise-stay away. I personally could never consider this hotel again but i think that's mostly me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Stayed here on a very busy night for the hotel and Verona/Turning Stone Casino: New Years Eve 2008/2009. When we decided to go to Turning Stone for NYE (in early December) and found out that all the hotels on the TSC property were booked, we started looking at hotels nearby. This hotels website, along with Expedia etc all showed this Microtel property as having no available rooms. I called the hotel directly and to my surprise they had just the opening I was looking for. And for a great price-$99 on NYE for 4 people! They were friendly at check-in and check-out. They were booked full but we didnt hear much noise from other rooms. They offer a continental breakfast from 7-10 am - not too bad, it did the job. The room itself was very nice. I thought it was plenty big- it didnt have a couch or anything but we managed to fit in two people on cots so it worked out well. Overall, a very nice, clean, new hotel and for an awesome price. We will def stay there again next time we are visiting Turning Stone.

• Liked — price, location- right next to Turning Stone Casino
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

I stayed here Saturday night of Labor Day weekend only because Turning Stone's room rates were in the area of $400. I was surprised to find a hotel right near the Turning Stone casino and learned that this Microtel only opened 3 months earlier.

The property looks clean and nice - but it is brand new construction so one should expect nothing less. I was able to book a room for approx $100. This is cheap compared to Turning Stone but if not for its location near this attraction it would not be such a deal.

When I entered my room for the first time I was shocked to see how tiny it was. I guess I should have taken the "Micro" in "Microtel" more seriously. The room really was a closet. Luckily, I was staying alone so it wasn't a problem. However, I couldn't imagine more than 1 person comfortably moving around in this room. I understand this property also has suites - which I didn't see - but I imagine they must be larger.

My biggest complaint is about noise. I was given a room right next to the stairs and the noise from the steps is unusually loud. I walked the steps myself and it sounds as if they are hollow. Every step makes a loud boom and then the noise echoes in the stairwell. This is just unacceptable in a hotel. More care should have been made in the construction of the staircase to reduce the noise.

Overall, the hotel is decent if you don't want to spend the money for a room at Turning Stone. However, if you can get a room at Turning Stone in the $200 range (which I was able to do the folowing night) I was recommend that over $100 room at the Mircrotel.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orange County, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We were excited to find a newly built and affordable hotel near the Turning Stone casino and the Bouckville Antiques show.

We booked our stay online well in advance and looked forward to three nice nights in a brand new building.

Upon our arrival we were told that no reservation existed in our name. When we produced a confirmation number the girl at the desk gave us a knowing smile and a giggle, then she proceeded to explain that all reservations made more than three months prior did not get entered into their computer system. We did not see what was so funny about that and asked why the people who had reserved rooms were not notified that their reservations were not going to be honored. She was unable to produce a satisfactory answer and as the hotel was full for the evening we were left without a place to stay for the evening.

An offer to bump other guests for two nights starting the next day only angered us more. One could only wonder if those unfortunate guests would have been notified that they lost their rooms.

Overall we were very disappointed with both the management of the property and the substandard accommodations we were forced to utilize as a result of their ineptitude.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bainbridge NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed here with my mom as i could not use my husbands free night stay at the turning stone they would not let me. This place is very clean and the people were great. The price was only 79.00 and you cannot beat that. I would definately stay here again. Everything is brand new here they just opened in May of 08 i think? Not fancy,no pool but clean and rooms are very nice.

• Liked — very nice clean place
  • Disliked — nothing it is excellent!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I preface by saying this is a new hotel, it had been opened 6 weeks when we visited. Beds were comfortable and clean. (Clean is a big thing with me). It's a basic hotel stay, no frills but serves a purpose as a low-rate place. Continental breakfast is again no frills, but a nice supply of cereal, toast, fruit, etc.

Walls were very thin and we heard neighbors banging around all night, both nights of our stay. Rooms are smallish, but not uncomfortable.

Bottom line, I would recommend staying here simply because of the cleanliness. Don't expect posh, though.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — It was noisy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona? Share your experiences!