“consistently very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Oneida, New York
“consistently very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Always do a great job at vernon downs. My wife and I have stayed their numerous times and they are consistently very good. The only thing I would say we have ever had a problem with is the water pressure and shower size. Curved shower rods and new high pressure shower heads would fix the only only flaw we have seen. The breakfast is good not great but enough options for everyone. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: Trackside view is always nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you visit with us. We try to stay consistent with our service standards and I do apologize about the problem with the water pressure as we have been changing out the shower heads to improve on that. Once again thank you for your comments as this is how we continue to improve on any shortfalls during a guest’s visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
WALTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the Hotel that is attached to the casino and race track at Vernon Downs. Being a mature couple we appreciate the friendly atmosphere. Have a beautiful indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room, free wifi in room, Loads of tv channel etc...The rooms are quite spacious. We have stayed in one with a Kingsize and also others with 2 Double beds. We have never been disappointed in the look and how clean the rooms are. The ladies that take care of them are excellent and very attentive. The staff is very friendly and the buffet is EXCELLENT! as are the other eating places there. There is also a basic continental breakfast and even outdoor terraces to eat and drink on. Prices in restaurants and buffet are very very reasonable Nice to have other activities besides casino,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you visit with us. I’m extremely pleased when we meet or exceed our guest’s expectations. The hotel team works very hard always trying to make everyone’s visit the best experience ever and once again thank you so much for your comments. I’m looking forward to your next visit with us.
Endicott, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at Vernon Downs Hotel on 9/1/13. I was very disappointed in it. It was my anniversary so I was hoping for a wonderful stay. We waited in a very long line to check in at 3:00. We stayed in the Jr Jacuzzi Suite. Our 1st impression was that it was very outdated. The carpet was old and stained & the walls were scuffed up in many places. The Jacuzzi tub was not big enough for 2 people which was disappointing and the shower was also very small. The wall behind the toilet was gross. There were pretzels pieces left on the floor at the edge of the bed from previous guests and even though it was a nonsmoking hotel the room smelled of cigarette smoke & a musty smell. The breakfast did not offer many items and there was not enough seating for all the guests. The coffee was horrible. I was so looking forward to this trip, but left disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for any delay you experienced during check-in as the front desk team works hard to keep wait time down. The room you booked did have a personal Jacuzzi but we do have two personal Jacuzzis available. I do again apologize for what you experienced as we do work hard to improve in all areas of service.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have stayed at Vernon downs in the past. This time I was concerned about the few bad reviews in trip advisor. I called the hotel and asked to speak to the manager about my concerns. He advised that there may have been a few mishaps due to the hotel being fully booked for many days. He said he resolved the issues, which we confirmed with our stay. Rooms are large with seating areas, microwaves, refrigerator & coffee pot,
most importantly very clean. We are looking forward to next stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay and was able to answer any concerns you had prior to your arrival. It makes us very happy to know we are meeting our guest’s expectations and they are having a great time staying with us. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nothing but rave reviews on our stay. From pulling up to the front of the hotel we were very impressed. The grounds were immaculate! Lobby very homey and staff great. Third floor outdoor deck was great, overlooked the track which was very nice . Planning on going back very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I was extremely pleased that we met all your expectations and you had a wonderful visit with us. We work very hard to provide outstanding service from all of the departments. Once again thank you and we are looking forward to your next visit.
Fishkill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I guess this place is adequate, but they sure don't train the front desk personnel. I waited, unacknowledged, in front of the desk clerk while she completed her phone business. After a good ten to fifteen minutes, she finally asked for my ID. No please. No welcome. No thank you. No information about Internet, breakfast, or any other amenities. Had to find out for myself. You get a warmer welcome at the DMV. Just not a good start. Creates a bad feeling.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Simon S, Manager at Vernon Downs Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize for the way the check in process went when you arrived. The front desk team works very hard to make sure the service levels are professional at all times. I did have one of my team members review a concern that they were alone at the desk due to a staffing issue which created long wait time at check in. I want to believe that this may have been when you were experiencing a shortfall in customer service. This is not our standard and again I do apologize for what you experienced during your arrival. I want to thank you for your feedback as this is how we continue to improve on any shortfalls in customer service.

Been to Vernon Downs Hotel? Share your experiences!