“Wonderfully relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Utica
“Wonderfully relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful staff!! Erica and Brenda had a Happy Birthday card and basket of goodies waiting for me in my room when I arrived. I guess it pays to mention a 50th birthday celebration. Thanks, Girls, you really made my day. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I arrived to a smile from Peg who immediately offered me a nice warm snack of salsa and chips yum. She chatted to me and upgraded me immediately as she acknowledged my diamond member ship. Lovely job Peg. The room is beautiful I had a long soak in the tub last night to ease my stress from driving and to warm through. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. It was nice to be in a Diamond parking spot near the door too. Being a Diamond member is not about privilege. It is about being away from your family many nights a year. Stays with people like Peg at hotels like the Hampton in Utica ease some of the inconvenience of being away from home. I will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
East Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

While the rooms may need a bit of updating, the location of the hotel is key for Utica. Easy access to the thruway and plenty of places to eat nearby. We stayed in late Fall, when there was a youth football team with families also staying at the hotel for the weekend. While the place was a bit loud and the team had taken over the lounge area, the hotel clerk apologized ahead of time and made it a point to let her know if we had any issues with the noise. She also offered us waters and asked her to let us know if we needed anything else. She was handling check-in and a few other functions at a very busy time, yet she was very pleasant and made us feel welcomed. Will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Athens, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed 1 night and it was great. Receieved free bottles of water at desk, small lay out of Hors d'oeuvre's in lobby, swam in the in-door pool with daughter, free internet in room, quiet night, comfortable bed and pillow, and hot breakfast the next day. That is exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Checked in after midnight. Clerk was very attentive, desert pastries to eat. Rooms were very nice, upscale for a Hampton. In the morning, went to breakfast and there was a woman in front of us in the hall wearing a tight fitting dress that she had to keep pulling down to not expose her private parts. She went to breakfast, clearly dressed for other action. No one would wear that outfit that wasn't engaged in that business...

Breakfast was normal for a Hampton, disappointed in fruit - I like the assorted fruit medley that most hotels had - this was a clump of grapes, some blueberries, and then apples and bananas in a holder.

The hotel is situated behind a Denny's which detracts from the appearance. Rate of $140 a night is too high.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear rickmktg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your feedback here at the Hampton Inn Utica. As we are striving for excellence in every aspect of our hotel, our guests input matters most. I want to sincerely apolgoize that we did not meet your expectations for breakfast. It is very important to us that you start every morning with a delicious, complimentary Hampton buffet, and I am disappointed to hear that you experienced anything less than that. I will be sharing this with our team in order to brainstorm ways to improve in these areas. We hope to see you again in the future so we can make it up to you!! Thank you, again. Remember - We Love Having You Here.
Norwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night in 2/2014. I think it's a great place! The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was also very good. I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear sportsmedic1,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! From breakfast, to front desk, to housekeeping; we work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay, and I'm happy to hear you experience just that. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff as we work towards our future goals. Remember - We Love Having You Here!
Littleton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great hotel! Location was perfect. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful . One of the best breakfast buffets I has seen in a long time. A lot of variety.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Domenica D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Utica, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear mrav1072,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am always excited to share guest feedback with our staff. We work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay. From breakfast, to front desk, to housekeeping - we love having you here!

Been to Hampton Inn Utica? Share your experiences!