“Traveling with my 81 and 83 year old parents” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Utica
Cleveland, Ohio
“Traveling with my 81 and 83 year old parents”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Due to Ana, our stay was perfect. My parents, which are 81 and 83 years old, absolutely was sold again staying at a Holiday Inn. Ana was totally accommodating, she had two rooms right next to each other. Plus my parents kept commenting how clean the hotel was, not to mention the free breakfast in the morning. I can't thank you enough making my life easier due to staying at you hotel, once again thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kevin,
Thanks for giving us some feedback on your stay with us. I'm so happy to hear we made life easy for you, and I will be sharing your compliments of Ana and our hotel with the whole staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and each time I had a wonderful stay. The desk person Mark Webb made me and my husband feel so comfortable from day 1. Mark is very personable, knowledgeable and is excellent at is job. Any questions or concerns we had he answered them in full detail. The rooms are very neat and clean. Bed soft and cozy. The breakfast is delightful. I would recommend to anyone to stay here. The staff is very friendly. All it takes to brighten a day is a smile and you do receive that here. The combination of everything is why I came back again and again and will continue to come back.

Room Tip: Any room will put in dream land
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear DeEdgra B,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your review! I'm happy to hear Mark and our Breakfast staff were able to make you feel welcome. I'm also glad to hear you'll be back, so we will see you next time you're in Utica.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a terrific stay in this new clean holiday inn express. One big reason was the I excellent service by the desk person Ana Figueroa who placed us in a quiet room and was very helpful in outlining all the hotel's amenities

Room Tip: Ask the clerk about options
Hi Justin,
Thanks for your review. I'm happy to hear Ana took care of you, and I will definitely be sharing the compliments with the whole staff!
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

While this is a new hotel that is very nicely and modernly appointed, the true jewel of this property is the manage Lee. On a recent stay, after having dined in the breakfast room, I merely made mention in passing to Lee that a piece of equipment in the dining area seemed to be out of order. By the time I went up to my room to brush my teeth and come back down to start my day, Lee already had maintenance working on the problem. I have to say that I was very impressed with his committment to my satisfaction. Needless to say, the problem was resolved and everything was in fine working order the following morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the great review Paul. You're right, taking care of our guests is our main focus. Hopefully I'll see you next time you come through Utica.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a new hotel and it is very comfortable. The room is spacious and has attractive furnishing. There is a fridge and micro wave in the room which we found convenient. The breakfast was good. We found the staff pleasant. I would definitely stay here again

Dear Mools,
Thanks for giving us your great review! I'm happy to hear that you'd stay here again, and we look forward to having you back.
Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Best place I have stayed in Utica. Excellent staff, very clean. Short walk to restaurants, Delmonico's is a good italian steakhouse and Babe's has good pub food plus many fast food places nearby as well. Did get some inside noise, doors closing and some heavy walkers in the hall but not too much and no outside noise. Bed was excellent and as I said all was very clean. This was a last minute trip to help cover a trade show at the Turning Stone Casino and I was glad to have had to stay there. Better then most rooms at the Casino and much more quiet, it was only a 20 min. drive. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steveack,
Thanks for giving us some feedback about your stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the nearby restaurants and that our staff treated you well. I will also see what we can do about the doors hitting so loudly.
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work and I have found my new central NY hotel. This is a great hotel with excellent customer service. Erin at the front desk was very personable and one of the best people I have dealt with at any hotel. I would stay here again. The only drawback is that the price is a bit high for the area. Can't justify spending $155 with tax in Utica NY when Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany and even bigger cities are less expensive per night. Bring the rates inline and this place will be at capacity every night.

• Stayed May 2013
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Paul,
Thanks for giving us such a great review! I'm glad you were treated well by our staff and I do appreciate your feedback. We do try to price ourselves according to some of the other hotels in the area, but feel free to contact me directly and maybe we can work on something.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica? Share your experiences!