“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Utica
Toronto, Canada
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I don't think my family will ever stay in another hotel, other then days inn uitica. This time we went for a couple days to the days inn uitica. It was vacation trip . The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, spacious, everything you come to expect in is there, i would nver stay in other hotel if it is very reasonable rate with luxrious animities and the breakfast was great with waffels i reccomend everybody to stay in this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotels in Utica are expensive ! We got this from Priceline on a road trip between Boston and Toronto. It was right off the freeway and clean. Looks like it has been remodeled but still slightly dated. Satisfied with our stay of one night.

• Stayed July 2012
Truro, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Do yourself a favor - dont stay here. It is truly aweful. They have bed bugs and the place smells like burned food. NEVER AGAIN. I have written to Days Inn Corp as well.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Days Inn Utica, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am very sorry for the bad experience you had at our hotel. If you had asked us we would have done everything possible to make your stay better. As for the bed bugs we have had our pest control service come in and investigate twice since your stay. Service reports for both times stated that there was no contamination of any kind. We will soon start having them come in every week so that we may never have a problem with any sorts of pest again.

Thank you for you feed back.
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

During my stay in late May 2012, bed bugs nipped at my legs while I attempted to sleep. This is a serious problem and needs to be immediately addressed. Otherwise, I had no complaints -- breakfast was as promised and the bed would have been comfortable but for the painful bites.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Utica, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you were not comfortable. We started addressing the issue as soon as we got your feed back. When are pest control service came in they were not able to find any kind of infestation, but they will keep coming back every week to make sure it never happens again. We are glad that you were happy with other aspects of your stay like the breakfast.

Thank you for your feed back, it will help us be a better hotel.
Weston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I normally don't write bad reviews. However, I need to in this case - in hopes that they they will fix this problem.

I stayed at the Days Inn with my son before we visited Hamilton College. I reserved a "suite" to give us a little more space. It was OK. However, we ordered Pizza etc. to be delivered. The next morning, I was cleaning up and ants were swarming all over the left over pizza! Gross!!!!! And all over my son's pasta dish, and leftover wings!!!! I mean swarming!!!!!!

I also picked the Days Inn because they had a fitness center for my son to work out in. He said that the machines were horrible.

We stayed the next night in Schenectady (to visit Union) at the Holiday Inn. That was a great visit.

Room Tip: Probably don't stay on first floor. I guess that's where the ants come marching in!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Utica, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I am sorry for the bad experience you had at out Days Inn. As soon as I was notified by trip advisor I called EcoLabs, our pest control serivce. I had EcoLabs do a thorough investigation and eliminate any pest problems and prevent them from happening again.
I thank you for your feed back it will help us better our hotel.
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at this location at the last minute. It was quite, clean and the staff was friendly. It is also convenient to the NYS Thruway and Restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed in Days Inns with my family all across America and have found most to be good value for what you get. This hotel was better than most and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I read the review about bed bugs and was worried about staying at the hotel because of it. I had the manager/owner show me two different type of rooms just to look and see if they were infested or not. Both rooms were very clean and had no smells or any signs of any infestations of any kind. The rooms were thirty dollars cheaper than any other hotel of similar quality in the Utica area. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good and there was no noise. I will stay there again when I come back through at the end of my vacation. Great value and a good, quite, clean and safe room!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
patelchat, General Manager at Days Inn Utica, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thanks for giving us oportunity to serve you even after read bad review and considering all good reviews and post your feedback. Which will be very helpful to other travelers.

Been to Days Inn Utica? Share your experiences!