“Disgusting stayed there 2 weeks ago 4 days later me and her had about 30 bed bugs bites!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Passport Inn Utica

Passport Inn Utica
You added Passport Inn Utica to your Saves list
Passport Inn Utica
2243 Route 5, Utica, NY 13502   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Utica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Don't go there. Me and my girl spent over $300 in meds and threw away a lot of clothes. Call the dept of health, its on record!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its sad we've stayed there a few time before its cheap and very comfortable .. although we've notice a dramatic decrease in cleanliness. Used to a good place, but id never go there again... total turn off! !! Be aware,

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of budget hotels/motels in the last year, but this one takes the cake. I can't believe I convinced myself to stay after I looked at the room. It was the cheapest around, for good reason. They have only two non-smoking rooms, of course I didn't get one. The sheets probably have never been washed (I slept in my sleeping bag). The carpet has cigarette burns everywhere. They didn't even bother to replace a lap shade, just a light bulb jutting out (it is one of those energy efficient ones though!!). Do not stay here. Spend the few extra dollars to go somewhere else! One postive, they did have decent wifi.

Room Tip: There is no good room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Champion, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We took time off to visit Herkimer Diamond Mines, this was a quick trip with very little planning. The word DUMP doesn't even come close to the true discription of this establishment. Room was filthy, hair all over sheets, drain in shower clogged, AC unit filter was clogged with dirt. No recommendation and no way will we ever stay here again. The kicker? I checked the same room after we returned home and they wanted $95.00/night. I am taking bets that they did not change the sheets after we left, we would not get under the covers, I would bet one of the diamonds that I found that they straightened the covers and re rented the room with the same sheets that had all of the hair on them to someone else. No wonder our AMERICA IS GOING TO HELL!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

We were in town to do the Boilermaker race and thus only stayed in this motel for one night. The room we were in was quite small and humble.
A lot of the amenities that you take for granted in bigger chains such as a remote control for the TV, coffee maker, alarm clock, etc. were not present. If you're all about the ammenities rather than the necessities you won't like this place at all.
Overall cleanliness was OK and the necessities were in good shape. You can tell the owners have also put a lot of recent work into beautifying the property exterior.
Normally, I'd only pay in the range of $60 to $75 for a motel room of this calibre. It wasn't worth the $99 we paid...but I guess when 12,000 people decend on a town of just 80,000 for one day the supply vs. demand curve gets skewed.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2003

It was so bad that I couldn't stay the night and ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn. I chose this place because it was inexpensive but I never would believe that people actually stay here. It was filthy and the sink was clogged. It was so depressing and had dust everywhere and even a taped up window.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2003

the place was a nightmare!!.bad lighting,television was non-functional,very small inside,have to bring your own shampoos,way overpriced,no hangars for your clothes,dirty linens..

Been to Passport Inn Utica? Share your experiences!