“Excellent food, slow service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Overall very good experience, although the service was surprisingly slow on what appeared to be an average to light night. We were seated immediately (without a reservation), but then it took too long to put our order in, get bread, get our salads, etc. The entrees were worth the wait, however. I highly recommend the veal lukatelli.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

excellent. great service. decibel level was very loud when we first came in but mellowed out ... it was a Friday night. had the French onion soup to start and it did not disappoint. was not the best ever has another reviewer had written but very good. my dinner companions had the mushroom soup ... special at night ... and loved it. I had the tuna, rare, and it was great although the portion was a bit small but you would expect that ... if hungry go for another option. my dinner companions had the osso bucco (I think he suck the marrow from the bone) and the breaded veal which had a topping of cheese and greens. The veal was a very large portion so I got to try some and it was delicious. total dining time was about an hour and a half which is perfect for this kind of meal.

oh and my dad and I each got a makers mark over ice which was a nice generous portion.

Utica, New York
“Excellent Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

From a 2 person date to a group of 10, the staff can (and has) handled it all professionally. The food is outstanding. The service is well informed and attentive. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
Syracuse, New York
“# 1 in Utica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

went to a concert Saturday, March 15 never eaten in Utica before,so I went to Tripadvisor for help
and picked out the Willows ,all the reviews on excellent food ,services ,atmosphere were true.
Right from walking in to saying good bye the staff was professional and personable,
Our waitress (BK) all smiles and recommended the Seafood riggies and the Chicken Lukatelli which were fantastic
we also order an appetizer (greens)normally not a fan of theses but they were great,and the french onion soup by far the best i ever had , I even used a straw to finish the bowl
I also couldn't believe the size of the portions ,neither one finished our meals
we did miss out on desserts but I will be willing to drive an hour for what will be many more visits

• Visited March 2014
Utica, New York
“Best Restaurant in Utica, NY, Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Willows has become my favorite destination for delicious, creative, and well prepared meals. From soups, salads, appetizers, and entrees, the chef has developed a great menu, which incorporates fresh local food items. The service staff are all very attentive, professional, and personable. For anyone who has not yet tried The Willows, I highly recommend it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Willows, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.